Fender ID Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender ID Help

I am looking for some help identifying the fender in the attached photos. I believe it is a 45 twin fender, am I correct? And I think it is a 1939 fender from the front rivets and the fender trim. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

I think it is a 1940 and up WL front fender. 1939 WL would be an I-beam springer and this does not look like one. Jerry

Comment

I agree with Jerry, and it appears '40-'42 type as '43-'46 did not have trim holes in the sides and although '47-'49 did they had wide braces. That one is narrow brace.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks, guys. I am still learning all the nuances of Knuckles. This fender was represented to me as a 36-45 Knuckle front fender and was being sold by someone who I trusted would know what it was and so i got burned. That teaches me to look carefully at the part and do not trust what someone tells you what it is, no matter how much of an expert you think they are.

Comment

The quick giveaway on 45 fenders ('40 up) is the front rivets on the springer plate, they are set flush. Big Twin are round head just like the rear rivets. I always felt H-D did this so when someone grabbed a fender for a new bike they were easy to identify as it has nothing to do with strength or clearance.
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
          X