Info / Help needed on rear stand for 1936 RLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info / Help needed on rear stand for 1936 RLD

About the last major piece that I need to find for a 1936 RLD that I'm working on is the one year only tubular stand. This is similar in design to the rear stand as used on 1936-1937? or 1938 OHV and U models as well as the tubular stand as used on 1936 VL's. The side pieces are half round tube as opposed to the earlier U channel or the later ribbed stamped side pieces.
    I believe that the general shape of the VL and RL stands are the same but the welded on stamped pieces at the top are different.
    What I would love to do is just find someone who has a spare and just trade them money or parts for it.
    I have a 36 VL stand to trade as well as a 1935 back to??? stand.
    What I could also do is fabricate one using one of the repop knucklehead stands that are available.
    My main problem is that I've never actually seen one of the 36 only RL style stands and don't know the exact size an shape, especially the plates at the top where it rests on the frames rear axle clips when in the down position.
    First, does anyone out there have a spare stand to sell /trade?
    Second, does anyone own one of these that they can post pictures of, and maybe even give me some dimensions off of.
    Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Thanks
    Mark
    Mark Masa
    www.linkcycles.com

Mark,
    I don't have an RL stand, but would purchase your stand for my 1936 VLD, which needs one. I was prepared to fabricate one, but not looking forward to it, figure it would take 3 attempts with the first two going in the scrap pile.
    I measured a VL stand at Wheels through Time for a pattern, perhaps I could do that for you if you'll sell your VL stand.
    Regards, Chris
    1936 VLD in process
    1969 Honda Z50 K1 perfect!
    1985 Yamaha RZ350 resto-mod
    2006 KTM 950 Adventure
    2019 KTM 300 XCW

Comment

Working...
    X