45 fuel valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 fuel valve

Working on a '46 WL, after several kicks it starts but runs for maybe 30 seconds and dies. My timing is good and spark is good.It has an M88 carb which I thought might be the problem and still could be. However when I took the carb off I turned the fuel on just to see what the flow was like, it was pitiful. I had to replace the original fuel vale and put a new rod in too. I still have the old rod and miced them to see if there was a difference and there was, so now I am wondering if the sleeve in the fuel valve might be to small and is not letting enough fuel by? Does anyone know what the difference between the sleeve and rod should be or have any other ideas? Thanks for looking and for any help, Mike

Remove fuel line and blow through it.
    Check flow without line, if slow you have crap in the tank or in the valve.

Comment

Check and make sure that your vented gas cap is not plugged. Happened to me with a 45 years ago.

Comment

Aftermarket caps are prone to venting issues, as can be factory caps with aftermarket gaskets.
        VPH-D

Comment

Yes thank you all. I have done all of those things but am wondering if the sleeve that the rod fits into might be to big not allowing enough fuel by. If I take the fuel line off and open the rod I think I should get more than a trickle? Thanks Mike

Comment

Is your fuel shutoff aftermarket? Some are not drilled correctly and have insufficient flow.
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Yes it is aftermarket, what should it be drilled to? Thanks Mike

Comment

Working...
              X