help finding Oil Nipple 37 ULH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help finding Oil Nipple 37 ULH

I need help finding the nipple that threads into the case for the oil tank vent line, (hard line with loop and banjo up top). I've had numerous people say the have one online and when I get it, it's one used on pans, Shovels etc.
    This nipple has a smaller O.D. on the case end than the oil return has, or any Harley nipple I've seen. I believe that it is part # 3575-15 but I've had agreement on this and then sent a late style one. Any help would be much appreciated.

Steve
    Steve

It is the same fitting all 45 vent lines to crankcase use. 1/8" pipe to inverted 1/4 " flare. Just order one for a 45 so you don't confuse the suppliers.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thank you Robbie, I knew I'd find the answer here.
      Steve

Comment

Shinedog,
        Your number is correct. The one they keep sending you is 3577-15. But a mis-print in later parts books says it works. It is also used in the top of the cam cover on J models. Maybe check with Competition, Link Cycle, or The Good old Motorcycle Parts Co. All do J stuff.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

After having 9 different vendors, all in the antique parts business(some only dealing with J/JD stuff), send me the same part(s), I have come to the realization that none of them know what fitting is required for the 37 ULH vent line to oil tank. After measuring the O.D. and TPI, I came to the conclusion that it is a 3/8" X 24. I took a 3/8" X 24 die and ran it down over the 1/8" NPT end and it works perfectly. Hell of a learning experience. I hope anyone who needs this fitting reads this post.
          Steve

Comment

Working...
          X