1939 G Servi-car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1939 G Servi-car

Restoring a 1939 3 wheeler. Tail lights do not have holes for clips/screws to hold glass lens. They should have a spring clip fitted inside around a horizontal bar to hold lens in place. Looking for clips.

There is a seller on ebay that list them every once in awhile. Can't remember who it is at this time.
    AMCA #765

Comment

Do you have the rear box trim for your '39 ?

Comment

My dad bought the bike in 1965 and it has been stored in a warehouse until 3 years ago. Never started. My son has been working on it for the last couple of years, full restore. The box has had the lid and part of the body cut off, an another one welded in place. It is my understanding that the top raised panels on the lid ran front to back in 39 and 40. Mine runs side to side. I have the handles for a passenger to set on top, but they won't work because the box is about 2 inches too short now. I have the bumper and outside brackets, but not the ones that go to the frame. The lower part of the box rear, 39 and 40 were two piece, and is missing. I have talked to L&W Body about getting one made. I do have the front piece that covers the frame.

Comment

Roger,
          If it's the horizontal trim piece that goes on the back of the box? I could use that as I have been looking for some time.
          Len.
          AMCA #765

Comment

Hi Roger
            My box has no trim. The horizontal bar is inside the tail light housing, to hook a spring clip witch holds the glass lens in place.

Comment

Working...
            X