VL Dash Experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VL Dash Experts

Can anyone throw some light on why this VL dash has no hole for the fitting of the light. As can be seen from the photos it has not been filled in and the back has the re-inforced section with the screw holes.

IMG_0041.jpgIMG_0042.jpg

Maybe not VL but what about RL? Or what about Servi-Car A lot of one off stuff on them over the years.

Jerry

Comment

Maybe magneto model?

Comment

Steve
        I'm not disagreeing with you but why have a dash at all then. Ammeter lamp is missing but on a mag model there wouldn't be an ammeter or headlight switch. Seems like the dash would only need one switch as a magneto kill switch.
        Interesting part and mystery.
        Mark
        Mark Masa
        www.linkcycles.com

Comment

A lot of theories and thanks all for those.

Here's an interesting one. If I have this dash complete in all other respects but without a light would it lose points in AMCA judging?

With the Australian National Meet in August this year I'm entering my bike for AMCA judging. Seeing that this is the first time in Australia, mostly to see how the judging works in practice. We have a number of members here who are also interested to see, so being the one that is not easily offended it looks like my VD is the guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by downunder vl View Post
            A lot of theories and thanks all for those.

Here's an interesting one. If I have this dash complete in all other respects but without a light would it lose points in AMCA judging?

With the Australian National Meet in August this year I'm entering my bike for AMCA judging. Seeing that this is the first time in Australia, mostly to see how the judging works in practice. We have a number of members here who are also interested to see, so being the one that is not easily offended it looks like my VD is the guinea pig.
            I am still betting on an RL or a Servi-Car. Almost every weird dash from 1936 up in to 60's is on a Servi-Car.

Comment

Working...
            X