Going to part out rolling 35VLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to part out rolling 35VLD

I just bought a rolling 35VLD, I am going to be listing the frame, forks, tranny, engine with good vin and matching belly#s, it is frozen and has no rear cylinder or head, and the rear stand and seat pan, thanks, Larry If any interest let me know and I can send pictures

This makes me a little bit sad.... why not sell it as a restoration rather than parting it out? Do what you gotta do of course... but I was just wondering.
    Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

I really never thought about that because it is not that complete, however if there is interest I would sell the entire project. It has good frame, front end, front crash bar, gas tanks, rear wheel and stand, wrong front wheel, motor that is frozen and missing rear jug and head, good vin with matching #s, no fenders, or gauges, also very good tranny which I do have listed, thanks, Larry

Comment

Originally posted by 36 knuck man View Post
        I really never thought about that because it is not that complete, however if there is interest I would sell the entire project. It has good frame, front end, front crash bar, gas tanks, rear wheel and stand, wrong front wheel, motor that is frozen and missing rear jug and head, good vin with matching #s, no fenders, or gauges, also very good tranny which I do have listed, thanks, Larry
        Well ya never know... maybe someone has a quite a few parts laying around that are missing on your bike, and then when you add the two together, it makes up a decent project. Good Luck!
        Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

From my experience a basket VL has little value compared to parting it out.Either way they are tough to sell.Like having nice Indian parts

Comment

Thanks guys, I think I will take some photos of what I have, put it on here for the members to take a shot at , then if it doesn't move, maybe ebay.

Comment

Ok, here it is, the knuck front fender is not included. Here is what I have, nice frame, nice I beam forks, front crash bar, sear pan and pogo, sear helper springs, gas tanks with I cap, I think these may be org paint, clutch and brake pedal with side bars and linkage, rear stand, correct 19 in rear wheel, rear brake drum with sprocket, complete tranny with clutch, it kicks through smooth, probably just needs to be cleaned up and run. 35VLD2449 motor with matching belly #'s. Motor is obviously stuck and is missing the rear clynder and head. Also wrong front wheel but it goes to keep it a roller. This is a good start to build a VLD, I have seen them finished with a lot less and a lot worse. Parted out these parts would bring some pretty fair money, however as promised I am going to give members a shot at it as is. I will not ship, but I can deliver to Omaha, Fla, Oley, Denton, Wauseon, Davenport, or Jefferson, provided payment is recived, any questions call or text me at 1 859 585 0295, thanks, Larry, PS, I can send more detailed pictures if interested

Comment

Here is a shot of the vin 35VLD2449, belly #s match also, thanks, Larry

Comment

Other side of tank with a little more paint on it

Comment

Larry -

Do you have an idea of what you want to get for the 35 VLD as it stands? Chesapeake Chapter is considering taking on a group project and is looking at prospects.

Mike Love
                    AMCA 19067

Comment

Mike, I feel like 4800 is a very fair price for the complete package. I have surfed the market and the parts would bring more than that, thanks for your interest, Larry

Comment

SOLD, thanks Guys, Larry

Comment

Nice to hear it will be going as a project. Most likely MORE complete bikes were broken up for parts over the years... and that was always sad. I have a soft spot for VL's anyway! Good Luck with the project Larry! Hope to see a BUILD Thread with it in the future.
                          Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Larry,

Glad to see you made a deal on it and that it will remain together. I too have a soft spot for VL's as I have 3 of them.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
                            AMCA#12766

Comment

Working...
                            X