VL construction BLUEPRINT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VL construction BLUEPRINT

Anyone seen a VL engine blueprint available for wall art?

Originally posted by 3_7/16bore View Post
    Anyone seen a VL engine blueprint available for wall art?
    Most exploded before the printing haha. Sorry, couldn't resist

Comment

Originally posted by silentgreyfello View Post
      Most exploded before the printing haha. Sorry, couldn't resist
      Now that is funny
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Well, I am looking for an exploded view

Comment

I've never seen a motor blueprint of the VL. Actually, there is very little info on the VL directly from H-D. What I have seen are Harley-Davidson Shop Dopes, and the precious info culled by Steve Slocombe over years of intense digging. Most people believe all of that stuff was trashed by AMF when they did their reorganization of Harley-Davidson. As thorough as H-D was with documentation, and nit picking detail, one has to believe such a drawing existed. . . Lost to the ages at this point in time.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Following just in case somebody comes up with something close!
            Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Dear Rich, I've got a copy of blueprint 108-35 up on my wall. It's not an exploded diagram but an assembly blue print with the components getting factory assembly numbers rather than the part numbers we are more familiar with. It's a tribute to the draftsman art, with the knurling shown on a spark plug and the primer cup. It's the 1935 motor seen from the side and in cross section. For us rivet-counters is has details like no slots in the manifold screws, the routing of the ground wire from the points to the cam cover, and fitting details for the mesh clip round the new crankcase breather which is not in the parts books (clip and mesh that is). I must have bought mine at Davenport about ten years ago, so someone must know where they come from.

Comment

I googled combinations of harley-davidson/vl/1935/blueprint/108-35/ and a few others every way I could think of, got some interesting photos but no cigar.
                Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Give it a couple of days for a response. The one on my wall is starting to fade, but I could take it to the print shop if you get desperate.

Comment

I've have one on my wall that I got from Steve Slocombe . There must be a few out there . Did you get them copied , Steve ? I also could see if I could get it copied , if you don't have any luck .
                    Mike

Comment

Mike,
                      I ve never done it, but I think its very possible to have a poster made by uploading a digital file to online poster services....
                      a good , well composed pic on a newer digital camera might be all it takes.
                      I'd be interested in being the guinea pig at seeing how a poster will come out , if you are game for trying to snap it and send me the digital file.
                      Steve

Comment

Steve ,
                        I don't have any fancy camera's , but will try to take some pics of it and post them . The poster is pretty big . I'll give it a try . Wish me luck .
                        Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X