VL Cameo Cream and Dawn Grey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VL Cameo Cream and Dawn Grey

Merry Christmas everyone. Does anyone have a photo of a VL in Cameo Cream and Dawn Grey. Thinking ahead of correct colour schemes for 1935 and hadn't seen this combination.

Phill

Happy Holidays Phill, have you looked at the 'John Pierce site'? hdpaint.tk/main.html I glanced and didn't see this color even as a Custom Mix. You might have better results, anyway Good Luck. **M.A.D.
    Last edited by JoJo357; 12-22-2016, 04:27 PM. Reason: web address.

Comment

Dear Phill, I think I had those colour chips at one time from Antique Cycle Supply. Maybe their successor company can still find them. It was a mid-year special paint scheme which I don't remember ever seeing.

Comment

My 36 is painted in Royal Buff and Dusk Gray. The painter initially refused to paint my sheet metal with these colors declaring them ugly, and that may be true individually, but as a combo they are beautiful. Haven't seen another painted with these colors. Not sure how the Cameo Crème and Dawn gray compare, but I would think they would be close.
        Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Cream, and Gray sounds like an attractive combination, Phill, and fascinating because it's a factory offering. Like Kyle said, some color combinations seem odd, but look beautiful in reality. You might consider using Photoshop to apply those colors to a photo of a '35VL, and see if you like it.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

36 el

Originally posted by koanes View Post
            My 36 is painted in Royal Buff and Dusk Gray. The painter initially refused to paint my sheet metal with these colors declaring them ugly, and that may be true individually, but as a combo they are beautiful. Haven't seen another painted with these colors. Not sure how the Cameo Crème and Dawn gray compare, but I would think they would be close.
            Kyle, If you look at American Iron Magazine October 2006 the one I did is in there. Pix of yours? I agree with your opinion of the colors.
            Dave

Comment

Australian 36' Knuck--one year only paint scheme in Royal Buff and Dusk Grey.maxresdefault.jpg Also, try calling HD archives/Museum in Milwaukee. *M.A.D.* >>P.s. Kyle Oanes is spot on--put those two colors together=clash city! But they're really awesome together!!!
              Last edited by JoJo357; 12-24-2016, 12:05 PM. Reason: additional info.

Comment

Thanks for the input. That colour scheme on the Knuck does work. It's not what I envisaged Dusk Grey to look like. It looks more in the brown family than grey, interesting.

I will try HD archives and see how I go.

Comment

Jay Leno's "ALL ORIGINAL" 1936 Knuck Knuck!!! Looks a little different when the paint is 80 years old. C'ya, *M.A.D*landscape-1431112986-lenorides.jpg
                  Last edited by JoJo357; 12-25-2016, 04:06 PM. Reason: pics.

Comment

To each his own! There is a good reason that color combo is rarely seen! That said, it is interesting to see the obscure colors. Dodge and Subaru are now doing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X