Not a WLA rim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a WLA rim

I am digging into a WLA basket case I purchased. The rear wheel has an outside diameter of almost 20" (see pictures). I realize it is not a WLA rim. Any idea what this rim might be come from? Thanks.

20161218_175114.jpg

20161218_175141.jpg

20161218_175150.jpg

Approx 20" OD is a 19" rim. The tire size is measured at the bead, not outer edge of rim. That is a factory rim, just not WLA. I'd be interested in the rim and spokes if you want to get rid of them.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Looks like someone got a tough on the drive side of that hub. Big hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
        Approx 20" OD is a 19" rim. The tire size is measured at the bead, not outer edge of rim. That is a factory rim, just not WLA. I'd be interested in the rim and spokes if you want to get rid of them.
        I'll be happy to once I figure out what I'm looking at. Still researching.

Any any help with finding the right 18" rear rim for a WLA would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

The rim is the same as used on knuckleheads and big twin flatheads. It might be a little pricey because those knucklehead guys have deep pockets. I would check that big end of your hub real good. It looks to me that some one hammerized it. If I was you I would try to work a trade with Rubone -- he's got tons of stuff!

Jerry

Originally posted by Reddawg View Post
          I'll be happy to once I figure out what I'm looking at. Still researching.

Any any help with finding the right 18" rear rim for a WLA would be most appreciated. Thanks.
          Last edited by Jerry Wieland; 12-19-2016, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Is that a VL rim laced to a star hub?
            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Is that a VL rim laced to a star hub?
              Possibly, but it can also be one of several other options. 19" rims and spokes were available for many years over the counter. They were also an option on K-Model rear.
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

If you give up finding a good used rim, Buchanans offers a repop Kelsey Hayes correct for your WLA

Comment

Working...
                X