Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VL Dash

Greetings all,

I am putting together an original dash for my 35 VD and wondered if anyone has taken a photo of the parts laid out. It's one of the few repro parts on my bike and I am working towards rectifying that issue. I have Steve's book which is invaluable but in his photo of the dash it doesn't seem to show that there are Bakelite type washers located in places. I was fortunate enough to find a couple of buggered incomplete dashes from which I have been removing parts and this is where I discovered these washers. I just don't know how many there are and where they all go. So if anyone has had an original dash apart and photographed it I would be grateful.

I am also looking for more original parts if anyone has some to help out with. I have the upper and lower bases, all the contacts and all the terminal screws, nuts and washers.

Please send a private message or email me on vl.phill@optsnet.com.au if you can help.

Thanks
    Phill

Dear Phill, those bakelite washers go under each terminal screw and the live ammeter terminal for a total of nine. I'm using red insulating washers as a substitute. You'll be lucky to find an original dash with all those bakelite washers still in it...

Comment

Thanks Steve. Mine is an old, and well worn copy of your book. Did you update the exploded dash photo in later editions? If so, is it possible to forum post or email a copy. Hope that you are keeping well. Looking forward to seeing you if you are able to get down for the AMCA Australia national meet. Regards Phill

Comment

Dear Phill, I didn't update the dash diagram but maybe next time. Hoping to see you at the AMCA Australia bash next year.

Comment

Hi Steve. Thanks for that. Looking forward to the first AMCA Australia event. Keep an eye on the website for all the news. That's my baby so its up to me to keep everyone informed.

www.amcaaustralia.org

Regards Phill

Comment

Working...
          X