X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1949 WLA Nearly finished

just waiting for the screen and siren to complete

IMG_0533.jpgIMG_0531.jpgIMG_0534.jpg

Almost choked when I saw that cheesy aftermarket fender light on there....Sorry, but really???
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
      Almost choked when I saw that cheesy aftermarket fender light on there....Sorry, but really???
      yeah I know !, try getting bits in England ! intend on swapping it out when I can get a genuine one, more interested in getting it on the road at the moment.

Comment

by the way the 1949 used the fender light and NOT blackouts, same on the rear, tombstone not blackout.

Comment

Looking brilliant Chris.

Comment

Looks really nice!
            Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

A siren was not used on combat vehicles. If it was an MP or SP bike it might have had one.
              Be sure to visit;
              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                A siren was not used on combat vehicles. If it was an MP or SP bike it might have had one.
                Chris

From the research that myself and several others have done it would appear that very few where used in combat in Korea and there primary role was MP use, hence no ammo box or rifle holder.

Guess if they where used around say an airfield they would not have bothered with them.

Have seen bikes with these fittings in 1949 but would appear they where older second world war models still in use.

I believe they re introduced these items in 1950.

However this is not to say that several 1949 models where actually used for combat roles as mine came with blackout lights, possibly unit fitted, or previous owner.
                They left the factory with civilian lights for sure.

There are several modifications that also don't seem correct but actually are, such as the delux screen as used on the knucklhead of the time.
                or the second world war screen with the lower now being plastic and not canvas, or modified canvas for light above the horn all where used, and all seem to be correct.

When looking in Palmers there are also several other issues such as the kick start is listed as the tube type, where the photo's show a pedal type.

The list goes on, so a difficult bike to get 100 %,

I am going to a show in Holland at the end of May and hope to be able to swap out the few after market parts that I have had to use, replacing them with original parts.

Regards

Chris (England)

Comment

Working...
                X