Rear Control Coil Bracket on 35 VLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Control Coil Bracket on 35 VLD

I notice most photos of VLs route the control coil from the splitter to the oiler without the rear bracket ( 3393-29 )
    If this bracket is used, which rear head bolt would be used for the bracket?
    Or is it likely to cause interference with the shift tower mechanism when the bracket is used?

I believe that control coil clip was always used. For 1930-35 I mount it under the rear head bolt just to the left of the shifter tower. For the 9-bolt heads in 1936 there is a head bolt right next to the shifter tower, so I use the one to the left of that. The coil clip is taller in 1936 to clear the higher fins, and the 3392-32 bracket is mounted reversed and inside rather than outside the frame tab to thread the coil between the fins. The control coil then misses the rear cylinder head by an inch or so, comes just forward of the seat post tube, then is again an inch or so clear of the rear exhaust pipe before joining the oil pump.

Comment

As always - Thanks Steve for the information. My oiler control cable routes correctly now.
      I have a question about fitting the wire with the small bolt 716-34 and nut 717-34 and whether I'm missing any small parts.
      Does the fit in the slot on the lever or through a hole in the nut?

Comment

Oops. I'm missing the little (pardon the expression) holy bolt - so the wire can pinch between the nut and bolt on the lever. Thanks just the same (my bad)

Comment

Does anyone know where I can get the 3393-29 bracket? Rat is out and I have not been able to find one.
          Bob Selph
          1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
          1940 Sport Scout
          AMCA#15215

Comment

Dear Bob, Rat was buying those coil clips from me and I'm now out. I'm using the 3393-36 instead and it seems OK.

Comment

Dear Howard, on that special 1934-36 oil pump fixing, the hole is actually in the 716-34 bolt. I have these nos if you need one.

Comment

Working...
              X