Linkert M88 main nozzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linkert M88 main nozzle

I'm new and learning as I go. This is my first post. I have a Linkert M88. The main nozzle easily moves upward into the venturi about a half-inch and back down until the top of the nozzle is flush with the venturi. Did I lose something off the bottom of the main nozzle when I removed the bowl nut...something that would hold the nozzle all the way up? As far as the main nozzle coming out, I suspect it should slide out the bottom? Mine stops when the top of the nozzle is flush with the venturi. It may move downward farther if I were to force it a bit but I thought I'd ask before pushing on the end of a small brass nozzle with a 90 degree pick.

Thanks for the help,

Brad

Sounds like you are missing the spring 1257-33(27330-33). Do you have a parts book? The nozzle could have a burr preventing it from coming out.
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Thanks Bob. I have Johnny Sell's book and Bruce Palmer's book but haven't seen a parts book available. Can they be purchased somewhere? Also, do you have a favorite "go to" place to obtain parts? I bought this bike and one tank leaked gas. I fixed the tank and got some oil leaks under control and it ran pretty good for about 200 miles. Now this fuel problem. The bike is mostly 36 but has been pieced together. It's going to be a good one to learn on.

Comment

Here are a couple where the price is reasonable.
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spare-Parts-...1WaL~6&vxp=mtr
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spare-Parts-...9WDVk-&vxp=mtr
        Take a little time and do some searches on here, names will pop up who deal in your year. No specific 'go to', alot deal in certain items.
        A couple to get you started. Faber Cycle, Easyruss on Ebay, Harbor Vintage, VL Heaven, Old Dude Vintage Parts, Johnny Sells also has a website, on Ebay 'watertowngrl' Bruce's wife, The Good Old Motorcycle Parts Co., Tom's NOS parts, Dennis Corso .
        Last edited by BigLakeBob; 12-12-2015, 11:30 AM.
        Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Originally posted by bcomes View Post
          ... a favorite "go to" place to obtain parts?....
          I wish I had a "favorite", Brad.

Your spring won't be a quality issue (unless you demand cad instead of zinc so you won't need another for a long while), but for other hardware, the rule of thumb is that the larger the catalog/selection, the poorer the quality.

My advice would be to patronize your local independent dealer, so you have somebody to send stuff back.

....Cotten
          Last edited by T. Cotten; 12-12-2015, 11:34 AM.
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Oh yea, any carb questions ask previous poster, Tom Cotten. Sorry to leave you out of my brief list Tom, but now your hats in the ring.
            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
              Oh yea, any carb questions ask previous poster, Tom Cotten. Sorry to leave you out of my brief list Tom, but now your hats in the ring.
              No its not, Bob!

Liberty only offers services, and hardware with those services.
              Most catalog offerings must be "re-manufactured", when possible....Therefor, it has been my policy for years not to 'mail-order retail'.
              (Nor do I wish to compete with my good friends who do retail, but don't cobble carbs.)

So no offense taken!
              As I posted, I too, wish I had a single "favorite" source.

....Cotten
              Last edited by T. Cotten; 12-12-2015, 12:44 PM.
              AMCA #776

Comment

I got the main nozzle out. It just needed a little pull that I didn't want to use until I knew for sure how it would come out.
                I'm missing the spring. My guess is that it fell out the first time I took the bowl off. I didn't know it would be there. Bob, thanks for the parts references. I'll find a replacement.

My next question is does it matter which direction the main nozzle's flat face faces and if so, what prevents the nozzle from rotating?

Brad.

Comment

Tom, all I said was questions, not parts. Lucky for us most times you give free advice.
                  Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
                  No its not, Bob!

Liberty only offers services, and hardware with those services.
                  Most catalog offerings must be "re-manufactured", when possible....Therefor, it has been my policy for years not to 'mail-order retail'.
                  (Nor do I wish to compete with my good friends who do retail, but don't cobble carbs.)

So no offense taken!
                  As I posted, I too, wish I had a single "favorite" source.

....Cotten
                  Last edited by BigLakeBob; 12-13-2015, 08:11 AM.
                  Bob Rice #6738

Comment

I over-reacted, Bob,

Out of respect for those with hats already in the circle. I shouldn't be included with earnest parts vendors. I am a consumer of parts just like the rest of us, except I need more, and better, than most.

Sorry to All,

....Cotten
                    PS: If we ever run out of questions, we can go back to mine.
                    PPS: Can anybody link me back to Brad's original manifold post? I forgot the marque, and I'm just about out of data for the month. Thanks.
                    PPS: Whomever told me wireless would be cheaper was full of it. I miss my dial-up SO much.
                    Last edited by T. Cotten; 12-13-2015, 12:18 PM.
                    AMCA #776

Comment

Working...
                    X