1933VL Oil Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1933VL Oil Pump

I am looking for screw #672-29 that goes in the empty hole shown in the backside of the oil pump. It has a tapered end that holds a plate inside the pump that regulates oil flow. I need to borrow one so I can make a replacement since I don't think anyone will have one for sale. I have checked with the regular suppliers and no one has one.
    Thanks , Bob

Bob Selph
    1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
    1940 Sport Scout
    AMCA#15215

Dear Bob, you can use a regular Harley 038 screw with the tip taken down with a file or grinder. If you have an over-oiling problem then the longer 039 screw will just fit. This holds the plate more vertical and reduces the stroke of the little pistons. This dodge also works on late JDs.

Comment

Steve, could you post a closeup photo of an actual 672-29 so I can see how the taper looks. It is very difficult to see in the parts book. I want to try and make one.
      Thanks!
      Bob Selph
      1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
      1940 Sport Scout
      AMCA#15215

Comment

Dear Bob, I don't think it's critical. Let's say it looks like a tapered kicker pedal rubber in miniature, with the end not taken down to a point but perhaps to a half or a third of the screw shank diameter.

Comment

Thanks Steve I will give it a try.
          Bob Selph
          1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
          1940 Sport Scout
          AMCA#15215

Comment

Here's a question for you Steve.

http://www.caimag.com/forum/showthre...933VL-Oil-Pump
            Bob Selph
            1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
            1940 Sport Scout