Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Info

Hi Guys,

I am wondering if anyone can help me here. Please have a look at the pics I have attached. This is on my 1932 RL that I am building. This is the seat 'T' mounting point to the frame. When I got this frame it had been repaired in this area. The tangs were replaced. The question I have is, can someone measure theirs and give me the proper inside measurement between the tangs. Also, if anyone has a pic of theirs I would really appreciate it. My seat 'T' fits nicely, but the cutout on my gas tank does not fit very well and I will need to open up the cutout in the top of the tank to make it fit. I have no problem doing this if these tangs are correct. I just need to verify that they are. Any measurements and/or pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,photo 4.jpgphoto 3 (1).jpgphoto 2 (1).jpgphoto 1 (2).jpg

VL have the cutout in different place-do you have VL tanks?

Comment

No, I have RL tanks. The VL cutouts are quite a bit smaller in width also. The tanks I have fit around the tangs no problem. The would need about 1/16 or so removed for depth so all the tank screws would line up properly.

Comment

Johnny Sells is the RL expert.
        http://www.vintagemotorcycleworks.com
        Bob Selph
        1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
        1940 Sport Scout
        AMCA#15215

Comment

Finally got around to measuring what I think you want. The distance, as measured by my digital caliper, between the tangs on my 32 RL was 1.0550 and on my 35RL it was 1.0815.

Comment

Thanks for the measurements. Could I get a couple of pics? I think the overall profile of mine is incorrect.

Comment

Andy, I've been on vacation and just yesterday saw your post. Here's a picture of my '32 RL:

32RL Seat T.jpg

Lippy

Comment

Thank you Lippy. That helps me out perfect. Whoever did the repair on mine did not contour the top of the tangs like they are supposed to be. I will fix that up as well before getting things painted. Thanks for all your help.

Andy

Comment

Working...
                X