Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Engine Guards

Will a WL engine guard fit on a VL.

Yes, but you will only be able to install one of the center U-Bolts.

Comment

If one can only install one U bolt it must be the lower one. If this is correct then the guard must be taller.

Comment

Originally posted by 50Panhead View Post
        If one can only install one U bolt it must be the lower one. If this is correct then the guard must be taller.
        I found a photo that shows what it looked like when I had it on the bike. It was the lower U-Bolt that was used.
        Attached Files

Comment

Panama
          Looks like the upper U bolt would be hitting in the neck casting. I'm looking for a engine guard for my 32VL. There are some on ebay for WL's and they say for VL's and JD's. I don't trust what some of those people state in the adds. With kor without a little modification they will work.
          I see you have a young admirer watching you work.

Thanks for the Help

Comment

The WL guard does not fit the VL.

Comment

We have child labor laws here "Free that Baby" from that crib. Love to see you talk it back in the house all covered in grease a grim and see what the wife thinks!! Really I think it great and hope that kids starts to pick up wrenches when it is able!!

To (Rollo) Hardy
              AMCA #12766

Comment

That is exactly how I ended up with that WL crash bar. I bought it a swap meet and the seller assured me it was a VL piece. When I bought the bike, it had the straight crash bar, but I had trouble operating the clutch. The one I have now is the "swooped" out version which solved that problem. Something to keep in mind.

In regards to my admirer, that is my eldest son. He is now only two, but so far, has a lot of interest in old bikes and wrenching. We will see if it sticks.

Comment

Working...
                X