No announcement yet.

Newbie VL Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a great rider to me. Tom Fesser at Replicant metals can do your wheel bearing rebuild.
    Bob Selph
    1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
    1940 Sport Scout
    AMCA#15215

Comment

Temple , its a very nice bike ,i delt with Jeoff as a mate was wanting a VLH but was to much out of his budget ,i too would like this bike , good luck to you enjoy ,cheers Rob.

Comment

Dear Rich, a judged bike and riding are not inconsistent, and we had two European judged bikes complete the Cannonball Run this year. At the moment I'm chasing the money, and I think the money is in the VLH eighty cubic inchers and anything from 1933. The 1936 VLH was made in the same numbers as the '36 knucklehead but is not yet a $100k bike. I live in hope.

Comment

Steve, Tom Feesser and Rat at Harbor Vintage area all experts on the VL's. If the bike comes with Steve's book you are way ahead of the game. I would also recommend picking up a Riders Handbook. There is a lot of good info. in there for such a small book. A reprint is fine as originals are getting harder to find and expensive. All three mentioned can work on the bikes as well as provide parts. Tom has Replicant Metals which makes virtually everything except the frame and motors and it is all well made and fits!!! Steve is the 4 speed guru which you might want to consider if you are going to do a lot of highway riding. Rat has tons of original parts and some repo stuff as well. I am lucky enough to have 2 VLH's and a 33 VLD and love all three of them.
          Good Luck!

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
          AMCA #12766

Comment

Working...
          X