Who is reliable and can resleave a 45 UL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is reliable and can resleave a 45 UL

I'm looking for some one who can resleave my 74 cu in UL cylinder and set it up with new pistons . I have one cylinder that is standared bore and never been touched and is original to the bike which is a 1945 ( accept for a valve job or two ) and a earlier cylinder which I believe is a 42 that's running a 60 over piston and need to be bored so I just as soon sleeve it and clean up the standard bore to what ever the next size that I can get away with and bore the sleeved cylinder to what ever size that is and that way I can start out with the same cylinders which I know doesn't have to be but mentally it make me feel better lol. But I would like todo every thing right now while it's all apart and when I pass it down to my kids it's solid for a long time to come. But who does good work with the right know how and equipment and is not backed up for two years. I also am running the original valve covers which are a definate pain in the ass to assemble. I throw this in cause where I have done work in the past and I was convinced to put the screw down covers on which I guess are a lot easier but not original and I want it as stock as humanly possible.
    So there's my problem. I live outside of Bosie, Idaho but will ship to any continental United States person who is known by you guys to be good.
    Thanks in advance
    FNA
    Last edited by Sidehacker; 10-24-2014, 09:04 AM.

Talk to Paul Friebus
    http://www.americancyclefab.com/Home_Page.html
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Rob,
      Thankypu for responding so quickly , I had forgotten to say that I have seen several advertisements for this service but I was wanting some one who had the work done and knew it to be good .
      I will get n touch today

Comment

I have not had Paul do any of my flatheads yet ( I have 2 ULH's to take to him ) but he has done a couple of knuckles for me and getting ready to take him another knuckle and a pan. He does good work and stands behind it. He test runs every motor so that they are broken in when you get them back and ready go. No need for further break in just put it in the bike and go. His specialty is BTSV's and has lots of tricks to make them work better. You won't be disappointed!

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
        AMCA #12766

Comment

LA Sleeve Company.
          http://www.lasleeve.com/street-v-twin
          Be sure to visit;
          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Thanks to all.
            It's nice to deal with someone who has worked with so many flatheads and could answer my questions immediately and absolutely make you feel confident you were doing the right thing . Paul was friendly,open, and saved me a lot of money right from the start. Plus he told me how to better get that engine saving lubrication to the less lubricated parts of the engine. Right now I'm In the process of packing my top end up to ship to his shop first thing in the morning.
            Sincerely
            FNA. I'll let everyone know how it comes out right now I'm stoked

Comment

I didn't have to resleave after all but I did have Paul at American Cycle Fab. Do the top end. It was real nice having someone who had done so many flatties and could give you absolute Information without the least bit of unsuridness. It was an excellent job and they use only the best of available parts.
              Everyone else I talked to was pretty sure or they thought it would be better if u did it this way or that way but Paul made me feel very confident in making all the decisions that had to be made about this top end and the final job was excellent .
              Thanks to every one that gave me advice to take my UL to American Cycle Fab. I believe I will use them again when the need occurs

Thanks
              FNA

Comment

My God - L.A. Sleeve Co. is still in business !?! We used to buy sleeves from them in the early 1970's !!
                Bill Pedalino
                Huntington, New York
                AMCA 6755

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pedalino View Post
                  My God - L.A. Sleeve Co. is still in business !?! We used to buy sleeves from them in the early 1970's !!
                  Back then they were made in USA, now Brazil, but so are most guns. They do have years of experience.

Comment

Working...
                  X