45 Flathead questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 Flathead questions

I have an assembled 1955 45 flathead G motor (55G1018) and 3-speed tranny w/reverse that has been in storage since 1979 w/title - value? Includes airscoop generator and carb w/air cleaner - photos can be provided. How can I confirm what year the tranny is? I also have a solo frame, a mechanical trike frame, a mechanical rear end, and box - how can I determine the years of these?
    Last edited by Papa Jim; 08-29-2014, 10:50 AM.

Papa Jim,
    The value depends on condition and completeness, but a G motor in good condition , complete as you describe is in the $2500 range, a good 45 transmission around $800-$1000 if complete and useable. But without someone being able to inspect them that is just a rough guide.
    As to the year of the frames and other parts, the range of years they are for are determined by features on them. Good pictures will help identify them, but such things as clutch cable perch, coil mounts, transmission mounts, etc will get them to a certain era. The rear end should have a casting code on it that will help determine age. The box again is features such as size, lights, etc.
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
    X