JB's Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB's Project.

It was purchased in New Glouchester, Maine on Nov. 5th, 2004 , and disassembling some stuff and stripping other parts have been the task at hand, As of tonight I have about maybe 30-35 hours in my project. The oil tank is now 99.9% done The gas tank has only just started stripping I've got about a half an hour start on it, just finished the lower legs on the swap meet front end ( a 74 super glide style) The front fender is stripped on top and tomorrrow I will start on the under neath. The front wheel Is about half way there I had the rim good but since I had it off doing the lower legs I hit it with another coat of stripper on the spokes and the hub, I will finish it tomorrow hopefully.The jugs are half way stripped also a couple more hours there and i will shoot some hi-heat black on them. I am getting to know the folks at 45 resto pretty good, Also my local H-D shop is changing owners maybe the new folks will be more helpful. That's ok I have two independent old school builders in town and they are my main source for old stuff NOS or OEM reuseable, I have a new brake line for the front and tomorrow I will see if one of my local guys have a set of disc pads maybe I won't have to rebuild the front master cylinder. Ok thats about all I can think of for now It's 2:00am and i need to get my behind in bed 6:30am comes to soon.

more progress.

Boy I am exahausetd it's 3:45 am, Thank goodness I don't have to work in the morning, I got brake pads today for the front but i don't have a tool to fasten the brass pieces to the pad and to the part sort of like a pop rivet. The front wheel , spokes and rim and disc are bright and shiney ready to reinstall also the front fender is completley down to the metal even underneath not even a trace of color the oil tank is finished now and the gas tank is at the 90-95% finished after i get the disc pads install i will check the master cylinder to see what i need their all maybe good to go, And I can get either a friend to come over and take off the seat tee backet and weld on the new one, or i can load it up and take it to his shop. Got to get those rear brake lines installed also and see the master cyl is good? Then I can spend next week preparing the motor and the electric's so I can hopefully go around the block next saturday Dec. 18th, I will be off friday and monday. Well fella's and ladies I'm headed to bed. It's 4:00am

Comment

Personally- I'd just take the shoes to a brake shop and have pads glued on. Forget the rivets- more surface area.

Comment

A little more progress

The completely naked tanks are now in the hands of my mentor and capable painter, also the front fender for the fx front is stripped as well and keeping the tanks company. I have arranged for a local welding shop owner to take care of my seat tee bracket problem on friday. Hopefully i will get the jugs finished stripped and painted along with the head bolts. I ran into a little problem today with my order from 45 resto they are out of stock on the chrome oil lines I may have to put the old ones back on if i can't find a good set of chrome lines for my oil tank. I was hoping to make evrything look as new as possible, still need to get the front brakes done and replace at least one bad line on the rear if not all three, I have to pick up a brake line wrench and assemble everything bye thursday night so i can take it to the welding shop on friday. ok i'm off to the garage.

Comment

latest work done

I have replaced the seat tee bracket now, Took a air chiesel and the old piece just popped off I have it as a souvenir welded on the new one the brakes are done up front rebuild on the caliper and new pads, a new brake line ready to be fitted the jugs are ready for paint along with the oil pump and scavenger pump, I got a early christmas present from a friend who owns a auto parts store set of brake line wrenches (3 pack 6 sizes) he told me to take off the rear lines and bring them to him and he would custom make me a set this way i don't need to buy flaring and bending tools and they would look the same as the originals...neat huh?...lucky me! As she sits right now on the trailer in my garage ready to make the trip to pineville, if I can warm up my garage enough to paint the jugs, and get the rear lines replaced tomorrow....

Comment

JB,
            Sounds like your in the garage a lot! Lets see some more pics! And its nice to hear about the good things people do ! Keep up the good work and as always good luck!!!

Comment

Working...
            X