VL Brake Shoe Linings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VL Brake Shoe Linings

Does anyone know a source for VL front brake shoe lings (4113-31, upper; 4113-31A, lower and rivets 4046-31) and rear linings?
    Thanks,
    William
    William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
    http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Replicantmetals tom feeser pa.

Comment

Your local old time brake and clutch shop. They can bond them and arc them to fit.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Middletown Friction linings in CT can get you all manner of material. Then drill/counterbore/rivet.

That said, Rubone is right on. Any good brake shop can fit linings. Lots of places that do truck/bus brakes still do re-linings and gladly do work on vintage vehicles.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Harbor Vintage or VL Heaven would have exactly what you need. I believe the 45" solo model front brakes share the same brake shoes and numerous parts as the VL, but the back brakes are specific to VL. Can anyone confirm this for sure? That being said maybe try 45 Restoration.

Comment

I'll contact Tom. Thanks

Comment

Yes the new repro Harley WLA small twin front brake shoes fit the VL, although the linings are slightly thicker. On the rear, I have been able to fit the new repro UL brake shoes and linings to the 1935/6 VLs which have the adjustable brake shoe pivot stud. If you need linings and rivets only, there a still a few sets of the nos Chicago Motorcycle Supply linings around. Contact me if you can't find them locally. And of course your local brake shop can bond or rivet on new linings to your old shoes.

Comment

On my 32 VL I am peicing together, the rear brake drags. I wonder if I have UL brake shoes rather than VL. Can you tell me the actual width and thickness of a correct VL rear brake shoe?. Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Slocombe View Post
                  Yes the new repro Harley WLA small twin front brake shoes fit the VL, although the linings are slightly thicker. On the rear, I have been able to fit the new repro UL brake shoes and linings to the 1935/6 VLs which have the adjustable brake shoe pivot stud. If you need linings and rivets only, there a still a few sets of the nos Chicago Motorcycle Supply linings around. Contact me if you can't find them locally. And of course your local brake shop can bond or rivet on new linings to your old shoes.
                  Thanks SirHr & Steve,
                  I have rear linings, rivets and foot-operated brake riveting machine. Will try the front WL linings for the fronts I need.
                  William

Comment

Working...
                  X