Value of a 1933 VL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of a 1933 VL

My friend has a 1933 VL and was interested in what the value might be. It is missing the transmission, intake, carb and some other items as well. He does have a transferable registration for is that is dated 1952. Please check out the pictures and thank you. Mark.

I was just informed the bike is a RL 45 CI model. Still looking for a value.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mark Jennings; 02-08-2014, 07:38 PM.

That is an RL, not VL. It is a 45. And it is missing some pricey bits.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thank you. I will update my posting.

Comment

The couple things I noticed were the Timer, Oil Pump, oiler cover, Carb, manifold and aircleaner, transmission, headlight. OF course, these things are expected to be missing on a "Project". Sorry, I cannot help you with the value... but it looks like it is "mostly there" and is a very good project bike. Nice CUB too! Made me drool...
        Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Is the RL for sale, or are you just looking for a value?

Comment

Just looking for a value based on the feedback I received on what it needs. It may be for sale if the value is for the right price. It is not my bike (wish it was) and belong to a friend of mine. He would like to find the missing items but as I mentioned he may decide to sell it if he get a reasonable offer. He does have a transferable registration for 1950.

Comment

this book tells many datails on these models. I would say it is very recommandable.

http://www.vintagemotorcycleworks.com/manual.htm

You will also find some new parts for the RLs and DLs on that website.

Comment

Working...
              X