Need help with a '47 WL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with a '47 WL

My dad gave me a basket case '47 WL. It needs a lot of work. The problem is that I am in the Army and so I have very little spare time. Also, I don't have the tools, knowledge, or experience required to properly put it together. I would give anything to be able to put it together myself, but I know I'm just not capable. Does anyone know a certified antique Harley builder near Fort Campbell, KY that could restore it for me? Also, does anyone have a ballpark idea of how much this project might cost? Thanks for any/all input.

Hey Dylan,

Your service in the Army is very much appreciated! Nice gift from your father - congrats! I do not know of anyone in your area to recommend. However, before searching someone out; I believe you may want to decide which assembly path you want to take. Build her as original or as close as possible with parts on hand / locating others as needed or to restore to showroom condition. If you want to ride often, you may wish to chose original vs. restored (for judging purposes). Researching and discussing both approaches with shops and others will help you decide. If had a basket case, I'd go original......rusty and crusty is beautiful!

Best of luck, be safe and get back home!
    William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
    http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

Whatever you do, never part with it. It may be a while but your first ride will be a thrill beyond belief you will never forget.
      Show us some photos, even parts are fine.
      Rich
      Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Salute tall who serve..google Hillbilly Choppers..Hagel Cambell..builds THE nicest Servicars in the world
        don't know how close he is

Comment

That would be more than 5 hours away, but I am willing to make a long drive if it would mean that it would be done right. Thanks.

Comment

I would definitely like to keep it all original. I love rust too. Unfortunately, it had already been painted before I got it. The wrong color too. But I have all of the original parts for it. It just needs to be fixed and assembled. Thank you for your comments and appreciation for the military.

Comment

Check with Mike Silvio at Cycle Mo's in Red Boiling Springs TN
              http://www.cyclemos.com/#!__index
              Bob Selph
              1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
              1940 Sport Scout
              AMCA#15215

Comment

Working...
              X