Help needed on seat tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed on seat tube

I recently acquired a 30v that hasn't been touched in probably 60 years. I freed up the top end of the seat tube after patiently driving it in then pulling it out. It now moves fairly freely. Question: When it's resting on spring it measures 3 1/2" from tube top to top of seat post rod not including the link at top. My uneducated opinion is that it should start out higher but you fellas would know.
    Attached Files

3" even on my 35VLD and it's up against the stop nice and snug. Your 30 might be different.
    Rich
    Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

I'd pull the seat post and check the springs after all these years and with that buddy seat fitted. There are four in the lower assembly including the 1" buffer spring, and usually two in the top. These can be altered to suit the rider weight and personal preferences. They are often found broken or worn. Having said that, your 3 1/2" dimension sounds about right.

Comment

ok

Originally posted by Steve Slocombe View Post
        I'd pull the seat post and check the springs after all these years and with that buddy seat fitted. There are four in the lower assembly including the 1" buffer spring, and usually two in the top. These can be altered to suit the rider weight and personal preferences. They are often found broken or worn. Having said that, your 3 1/2" dimension sounds about right.
        Thanks to both of you for help

Comment

Working...
        X