looking for a engine builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a engine builder

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but a long time AMCA member. I need help finding out who in the Kentucky/ Ohio area is really good at hot rodding a UL engine. I got a 48UL that i have started to rebuild, but i really don't know who to take it to to make it go faster. I have put 1/8th inch larger intake valves in and a whole new top end. i have also balanced and blue printed the bottom end. I need help putting all the new parts together and setting up the bottom end and the oil pumps. Shops around here don't even know what a UL is. I'm not a yuppie that just started fooling around with old bikes ( I have been a panhead man for 15 years!) I just haven't ever got into a big flatty. any help or help locating old aftermarket parts would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks everyone Panman

Panman -

Check out the Flathead Power forum, as there are quite a few performance builders that frequent that site. Register (free) so that you can edit your posts.

Jack

Comment

Ohhhh-ouch, *****ly. You can edit in 24 hrs here.
      I think the AMCA may have a member or two that would be fully capeable of a UL build (KY). Just let it graze for a bit. Let a couple of folks speak up.

Comment

My point was not to take away from the AMCA, or it's members (I'm here because I'm one). My point was that Panman is looking for someone to hotrod his engine. I am fully capable of building his engine. But, I build stock engines. Mainly to preserve them as stock engines. I also frequent the FHP forum to learn from the guys who build stock and race engines out of these old jewels. They activily discuss race related topic, where I find stock related topics at this forum. As a matter of fact, I would bet that there are quite a few AMCA members on the FHP forum. I send people to Dave Thomas' WLA forum on Yahoo, and custom H-D Big Twin builders to the Panhead/Proboards forum. And, I activily send people who are seeking stock related info to this forum. Because of membership in the AMCA, in order to be here, I would hope that they would join. There are no membership requirements on the others.

Jack

Comment

ul build-up

not near kentucky ,paul is the man when dealing with hopping up flatheads check out link-www.americancyclefab.com

Comment

I hear ya Jack. That's fine. I do the same also. Look around periodically to see what's happening in other areas. Many AMCA members walk multiple paths.

Comment

Working...
            X