No announcement yet.

Beehive taillight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but did anyone see the hole right thru the script? There would be a little more work than just stripping off the chrome....

Comment

Originally posted by Sidehacker View Post
      Ricmoran I know you mean well because that looks like sniper we were talking about, but I'm really computer lame I'm sending all these messages tonight just to help with my computer skills. What do I do with that http number. Sorry mani know you were trying to help but if I don't ask I'll never figure it out
      put your cursor on it (the arrow) and double click the link with the left button on the mouse.

Comment

Thanks guys , I didn't see that until you called it . It's totally fixable, but not at the price that it up to. So I'm still looking for a beehive again . This is part of that beehive curse . I think I need to figure out this computer more than anything . I really didn't think any older guys were doing much swapping or buying of parts . I've been traveling around to swap meets and old parts stashes. You get better deals but you have to figure in gas food etc etc. any way any help offered will be greatly appreciated . I'm going to check into these sniper programs. Next . Also someone might explain what that friend page is al about . And why do we need them since we talk to each other here .Im adding this just so I can quit asking what are probably real stupid question,I've looked all over is ther a page that tells how to use all the different services this web site offers thanks. Especially Rooster and ricmoran for braking down the steps .
        Last edited by Sidehacker; 09-18-2012, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Sidehacker, you can explore..... just start clicking on the buttons and links and see where they take you. If you get to a point you're unsure of, just hit the BACK button and safely back your way out....!

Comment

Now is the time for me to stir the pot again. Your tail lamp is NOT a Beehive. The Beehive was used 1935-1938 and called so by the MoCo. Johnny come lately's back in the '60's heard the term Beehive and incorrectly applied it to the 1939-1946 tail lamps. Magazines printed the misinformation and it became gospel. So look at the pictures below and tell me which one looks like a 1930's beehive.

Be sure to visit;
            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

And the factory actually called the 39-46 taillight, that you're looking for, the "Streamline."
              Gerry Lyons #607
              http://www.37ul.com/
              http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

I was gone but now I'm back Sargehere yea I know but it's like calling the tombstone the castle top . After years and years the slang is all people remember and nobody or...... Let me rephrase hardly anybody knows what your talking about if you call it by the right name

Comment

I agree and this is great . I wish I had joined this fifteen years ago. I would of had a reason to work a computer. I pretty much only have a very few friends who can talk to me about all this information and not have their eyes roll back in their heads like the majority of my family ha ha . I can see where coming on line for just a little while can keep your facts straight . I have another question about valve covers should I start another thread

Comment

Yeah, probably. And keep in mind if you're discussing various parts, that if you use the words the factory did, the names for things that appear in the parts and service manuals, it makes it much easier for your readers to understand exactly what you're talking about. Just an advice.
                    Gerry Lyons #607
                    http://www.37ul.com/
                    http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

Marcin Dabrowski from Poland was at Davenport this year with a couple of samples of the beehive taillight he makes. I thought it looked perfect. His email address is: marcin@mototarg.pl Tom #381

Comment

Another excellent way to do the parts research and ID'ing what you seek is, if you have part numbers from the Spare Parts Dealer Catalog book of the era, it helps you be more specific about what the exact part is your seeking help with.

Of course the correct part description or near description aids in faster reference work, but then nailing the part down is a lot easier for those sitting on the other side of the computer screen and keyboard of whom you seek help from.

Owning a 39 and 02 bikes, when repairs are required a parts list is created and then with that, this works as your guide of what it is your looking for by part number as I am certain your aware of this route.

It would be great if sellers on e bay were to use the original parts numbers as well as many do, so looking up parts that are offered would go that much quicker.

It might be fun looking at some scantily clad female in a greasy top with panties while looking at everything being offered on flea bay holding the part you might desire but be careful here, you might end up with little parts you might have to feed!

While perusing flea bay, which that is a knick name & another is the flea or da flea of which many have assigned to E bay for parts needed, I want to find what I need and be done with it in the shortest time possible so I can get back to why we own these things, to ride.

The parts numbers gleaned from the Dealer Catalog of Spare Parts is the ticket for fast research and then to source from the net.

With the part number, you can call up your web browser, such as Google and type in the part number and desccription in the box for web searches, and if it is for sale, it should come up there.

As an example here is a google search for beehive tailight...point your cursor on the highlighted words:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&output=...w=1680&bih=923

Here is a web search by a specific part number:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...IIHJiwLcjoCgAQ

While on the page that shows descriptions, note at the top of the Google page there is a tab that says Images just to the right of the Search tab, click that to see what images are or just below on the words here with the left button of your mouse:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...N6KuiQKrz4HACw

Note about 2/3rds down the page there is an image of a beehive tailight (using this term because that is the subject of this thread) click on that and that & the link will take you here:

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=68002...:36,s:45,i:332

There are short cuts to all this as well that helps save time and allows quicker sourcing of what you are looking for such as with the above link that takes you to ebay and in the search tab mnay other sources who do list on the net....but be aware there can be many links of items that are dead end to the dreaded words for parts seekers SOLD.

To aid in reduction of sold listing redundancy, in the google search box where you type part number and description also type in the words for sale.

This however is not a gaurantee of all items for sale, as people who have listed items on the net for sale end up having their items listed on the net for some time of those items sold. Sounds redundant, but what should occur is the parts actually available should come up first of what could be page after page of listings of that particular item for sale, then to the history of those parts already sold that should show what the part sold for, specifically at auction or a parts house selling newly produced or even original.

This net history stays around for quite some time so be aware what you post as that will be up for a long time for others to read.

One highlight of the sold part history is where what the part sold for, it will give you a ball park price range depending on when the item was bought of what you can expect to pay for an item listed to the net for sale.

Have fun spending your dough!!
                        Last edited by ricmoran; 09-21-2012, 01:43 PM.

Comment

I was doing a little trading and I have been away for a couple of days. I want to thank ricmoran , Tom, and Sargehere. For the useful information. Here's a couple of quick questions. When I am responding to you guys do I hit post quick reply or reply to thread and what's the difference . Ric, I've already used some of your info and will probably refer back to it for a while till I try every thing out. Tom I will send a message to him right after this and Sargehere thanks I will do that. Also if that member since 73 is correct you must have forgotten more than most people know . You were either a young tyke when you joined. Or your really up there.ha ha Thanks Guys
                          Last edited by Sidehacker; 09-23-2012, 02:19 PM.

Comment

no diif, it gets your message posted.

Comment

I can show you that new beehive taillight if someone can tell me how to get it from my computers picture album to the screen

Comment

Hit reply to thread, just below the posted message in the thread.

When the posting window opens, look to the lower right side where there are 3 boxes, where one says go advance, click on that.

Another screen pops up, scroll down about half way, and you'll see a box that says Additional Options: see ATTACHMENTS. Then look for manage attachments.

CLick on the MANAGE ATTACHMENT box and that will take you to the next window.

Look for the add files and click on that.

The window opens to allow you to search your computer, when you then click on the small window where it says select files.

This allows you to search your computer for the location of where you've stored the image(s) you wish to post to the thread from your computer.

When you find the image you want to post, click on the image or the image file. Another set of boxes come up under where the file gets posted to. THis will say upload files click on that and the file is then uploaded.

You can do this a few times to fill the screen, I believe 5 is the limit. Once you've attached what files you wanted to attach, click on DONE.

In the example posted here, this is a small image that is posted to this thread.

There is more to this once the images are up, such as if you wish to enlargen the image on your posting. But first see if you cna get your image up you want to post.

BTW, there are other ways to do this as well such as using a proxy web hosting image site. I would recommend trying the above first though and as you gain more experience, you can go to web sites such as Drop Box, Photobucket etc to store images for online postings.

One thing I found unusal for the AMCA web site is you cannot post PDF files, or at least I do not see that. A lot of techincal stuff is posted to the net on PDF and with PDF you can insert pictures in PDF that reduce the bit sizes which in turn makes posting many images at one time a lot easier.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by ricmoran; 09-24-2012, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X