No announcement yet.

1930v enough power for two riders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hoghead, check your PM for photo instructions.
    Rich
    Attached Files
    Last edited by frichie68; 08-27-2012, 06:32 AM.
    Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Dear All, it was Zach Johnson from Wheels Through Time who did the great job cutting our speed test video into the 1935 newsreel from the National Archives. We cranked those 80 inch bikes up to 100 mph with no problems, with the 27 tooth drives getting there easier than the 25s. Four of the bikes will still be at WTT for the October Road Run and the fifth is at the American Police Motorcycle Museum in NH which I can also heartily recommend. A couple are still for sale. I believe the paint scheme is correct, with the CHP not going to the black/white until late 1936 or 1937. The European end of the project still has to be completed, with four bikes finished and one on the bench. I'll do a speed run over here, but no plans to go to Australia, and the ten bikes will likely be seen together only through Photoshop.

Comment

Picture of my rat VL coming home from a 200 mile ride to a Panhead party...hey someone had to ride an old bike there.......
        25 tooth motor gear will cruise 65 all day long.......
        Attached Files
        Louie
        FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
        Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
        YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Nice pic Louie. I have a Florida customer who said you had to do 70 on the freeways there or the trucks would run right over you. He got one of the first 27 tooth sprockets, and last time I saw him he had 11,000 miles on it, riding a 36VL with a 3-speed box.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Slocombe View Post
            Nice pic Louie. I have a Florida customer who said you had to do 70 on the freeways there or the trucks would run right over you. He got one of the first 27 tooth sprockets, and last time I saw him he had 11,000 miles on it, riding a 36VL with a 3-speed box.
            Steve, trucks will run over other trucks here in Florida. Staying on topic; I loved my '33VL and consider it one of 3 bikes I deeply regret selling.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Dear Eric, yes the '33 VL is a special bike. The worst year of the Depression, Harley's lowest production figures since 1910/11, and they come out with the new premium priced sports solo special VLD model. Also the first year for the five standard colour schemes, and that one-year-only Art deco 'bird' design on the tank.

Comment

Working...
              X