No announcement yet.

rear hub issue on my U model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also note the shoe pivot is missing the upper cap, which will also allow the shoes to roll out of position!
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks guys for taking the time to reply.
      Here's some more pictures to determine if the brake operation lever is correct.

Comment

It was apparently an optical illusion, probably a reflection from the chrome. The lever is on the correct way.

Comment

Shortly after I bought my first pan, (49 chopper) I was out riding a few miles from home when I hit the rear brake, (and only brake). It sounded like a jack hammer, heavy steel parts were torn right off, like the tab on the backing plate that fits into the frame slot, gone! The lever arm was also cranked right off the square cam shaft, just like butter... I think what happened was the shoes were worn down to the point where the operating cam must have turned almost 90 degrees, jammed itself between the shoes causing that jackhammer effect. The drum was also cracked, I don't know if the crack was there before this happened or not but that could have also been a factor. Mike

Comment

Working...
          X