Servi-car check strap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servi-car check strap

Could somebody please post some pictures of the correct install of a serv-car check strap in regards to a 1941..Thank you, Len.
    AMCA #765

Guess not. hard to believe nobody has a check strap for a servi and sidecar...Len Dowe #765
    AMCA #765

Comment

I would love to see that picture too. I have a '41, and do not have a check strap. I did the redneck thing and ratchet strapped the box frame to the axle. That took out a lot of the box bounce. Until you get under the machine, you don't know it's there. BUT I KNOW THAT'S NOT RIGHT~!
      Does everybody elses servi-car bounce like a dime store horse? I'm with you Len, somebody knows something they're not telling us!

Comment

Mine bounces way to much. I need one also for my 38 sidecar. I have pretty much all the hardware and strap for both. Hopefully my friend took some @ Oley..Pm me your email.
        Last edited by len dowe; 04-29-2012, 10:20 AM. Reason: add
        AMCA #765

Comment

Well,, I just talked to my friend and he did not find any servi-cars that had the check strap at Oley.. they all had shocks!(thought Richard Duda was bringing a 39 with one)...Guess i'm on my own on this as nobody has helped here. He did get pics of side-cars with the check strap and thats going to help. Asked Rub but i didn't get response on that as well... Another note,,, Just checked my fender trim and it's for the later fenders. Funny thing is, i have a 39-40 box and the fenders are drilled for the stainless trim but the trim i have is longer than what my fenders will take. I will research this and find out if the 40 takes a shorter rear fender trim...Also, I did find out a few yrs back that the early front valance is a different height than the later one's and will not fit to the front bottom support brackets to the mud guard holes in correlation to the box. len.
          AMCA #765

Comment

To quote one of my Yogi Berra type friends, "we need a dillema here!" Yep, a grown man actually said that. He will remain unnamed.
            In all seriousness, you do have a dillema, in that you want to do all things right, and can't get the info you need. Best of luck to you on that, and if you ever get the check strap answer, please share with me.
            On my machine, I am most interested in making it a reliable rider, no way could it be as near to correct as you are headed. Keep after it!
            Randy

Comment

Richard Duda did come thru with pics after all..Thank you Richard! I'll pm you on the yr.
              AMCA #765

Comment

Working...
              X