Please help with WL Oil Leak!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with WL Oil Leak!

I can't move my '46 45 from one side of the garage to the other without leaking new oil from the primary. Over time parked, oil drains from the tank to the bottom end. I had rebuilt the oil pump and replaced the springs. Could I have made it worse somehow? Does the sump have anything to do with is? If I start it and run it I can come back the next morning and find a puddle the size of a large pizza underneath it.
    I'm so close to finally having a Daily Runner....now this. Thanks for any suggestions! Drew

One of the first things to check is the oil pump gasket, the early ones had all seperate holes where the later gasket had a slot connecting two of the oil passage holes. The old style gasket was not around for years but now are for sale by James Gaskets and others. Also when doing the seats, as a last step using a new ball, not to be used in pump, tap the ball with a light touch using the right size punch, this will compress the tiny ridges that might be left from cutting seat to conform to ball shape. Shelby

Comment

Thanks, Shelby. I'll pick up a new gasket and try your suggestion. Drew

Comment

Working...
      X