Spring Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Meet

I've been sitting on these photos for a couple of days now. I managed to work my way down to the west coast this past weekend for the annual swap in Tsawwassen, B.C. It was good to breathe some ocean air and check out the old motorsickles!!! I even managed to get most of the parts on my list!!!! I also got to check out the American exhibit at the Trev Deeley Museum and they had some great bikes on display!!! I've got a ton of shots and will be periodically posting them in the next day or two. I'll start with the museum first.....

The Holy Grail!!!

A tasty big inch flattie...

It was real shiney but I was still diggin' the Camelback!!!

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Nice photos Cory I will try to get some to post when I go to Oley, just curious how far is this meet in B.C. from you?
    Oley is a good 9 hours from home for me planing on stopping at Bills old bike barn on the way home I want to show it to my cousin that will be going with me.
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Ain't steam power great??? Mr. Gagan had quite the offering at the start of the exhibit!!!

I'm betting Pennington would be grinning at this!!!

A couple of my favorites!!!

Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck#1848 View Post
        Nice photos Cory I will try to get some to post when I go to Oley, just curious how far is this meet in B.C. from you?
        Oley is a good 9 hours from home for me planing on stopping at Bills old bike barn on the way home I want to show it to my cousin that will be going with me.
        Chuck,

From my place the meet is about 9 hours if I power right through. Pics would be cool as we know some spectacular stuff shows up at Oley!!!

Here's a few more....

I was told that this '14 was found under some old boxes and cardboard in the back of an old store.

I got some shots of the Hendee Special...

Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

This is Trev's WR that he raced in Daytona....

Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Another installment............

Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Thanks for the photos Cory. Pictures are always more interesting than words. I saw many of these bikes at a museum in St. Pete, Fl. A collection of Trev Deeley's motorcycles went on tour to catch some of the enthusiasim of the "Art of the Motorcycle" phenom. Some of the bikes are a bit off in authenticity and I made a royal ass of myself by telling my friends what I thought was wrong. Finally, my friend Eric Von T. suggested I either go to the bar down the street from the museum, or just enjoy the exhibit. I took his advice and very much enjoyed the rest of the tour. I understand Trev Deeley did not want his bikes sent out on this traveling show; and I certainly couldn't blame him. I would be a nervous wreck thinking or all the things that could go wrong with such a complicated exhibition.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Eric, I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. I found myself in much the same situation as you while I was viewing the exhibit. I immediately began to find things wrong with certain bikes and without even realizing it I was commenting on "incorrectness"! The green and gray '36 knuckle was really off and when I had a gander at the cases I commented rather loudly that it was just not right!! My wife mentioned that I should keep my voice down and find another bike to look at!!! I have to admit that I was a little embarrassed at my lack of control. I think we get so passionate about these old bikes and get caught up in what is right and wrong. The general public walks blissfully along and believes all that they see, read and hear. Sometimes I think that would be easier but I'm sure glad I know what I know and am still learning every day. I was happy however to see that it was mentioned that the racing bikes were replicas. That would have had me pacing!!! One thing I know for sure is Trev Deeley certainly had foresight with the idea of keeping these old bikes. Generally trade-ins were scrapped and we can be thankful that he thought to hold onto them, whether the restorations are correct or not. If any of you folks get a chance to read "Motorcycle Millionaire" about the life of Trev, it's a good read.

Here's a few more....

Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

I really liked the huge photos on the walls...

Trev in action!

Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

thanks for the tour man i will be heading down to see it in person this summer,that excelsior got the droolies happenin..

Comment

Nice pics Cory! Looks like they added a few bikes, and moved, judging by the shiny building, since I was last there eons ago.....
                      Regards;
                      Milrite
                      AMCA 17907

Comment

Originally posted by gary.h View Post
                        thanks for the tour man i will be heading down to see it in person this summer,that excelsior got the droolies happenin..
                        Yup, ya better saddle up!!!

Originally posted by Milrite View Post
                        Nice pics Cory! Looks like they added a few bikes, and moved, judging by the shiny building, since I was last there eons ago.....
                        Milrite, if you saw the bikes eons ago you were likely in Richmond. You also likely got to see all (or most of) the machines. The exhibit is much smaller now and they rotate bikes through it, including some that are on loan by private collectors. They did move as well and are now located in Vancouver.

Here's a couple from the swap. I didn't get a ton of pics as most of my time was spent digging through dirty parts and b.s.ing with old friends.....

Well that's all folks!!

Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

Cory,Thanks for sharing some of the fun from your trip.

Comment

the excelsior 4-b is way too coll

all the parts I'm missing are right there

aka HAWG
                            1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
                            1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
                            1940 indian chief military
                            1965 sportster xlch
                            1969 sportster xlch bobber
                            1971 bsa A65 chopper
                            1969 harley ss350 sprint
                            1960 harley topper
                            1963 harley topper
                            H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
                            H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
                            1949 harley model 125 bobber project
                            1959 harley model 165
                            1960 harley super 10
                            1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
                            EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Parker View Post
                              Cory,Thanks for sharing some of the fun from your trip.
                              You're most welcome Scott!!

Originally posted by aka HAWG View Post
                              the excelsior 4-b is way too coll

all the parts I'm missing are right there

aka HAWG
                              It is a cool bike alright, that and the original paint '14 stood right out in the crowd!!! I'm hoping you round some more parts up in Oley. One of these years I'm going to get there!!!
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                              X