"Ride the Coast" SoCal Charity Benefit Run. June22/03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ride the Coast" SoCal Charity Benefit Run. June22/03

The SoCal Chapter of the AMCA is a Five year sponsor of "Ride the Coast", a charity motorcycle ride supporting the Boys and Girls club of Santa Ana. This year's event included a 90-mile ride with breakfast, lunch, live music, an antique motorcycle display and a chile-cook-off.

We had a few bikes show for the ride including Marc Gallin, TJ Graber, Ralph Krogh (featured in the color brochure with a handsome photo!), Dave Neiderhaus, Gerry Unis and a special guest, Kid Ramos of the Original Fabulous Thunderbirds. I had to put the knucklehead up on my trailer so that I could pack double. But it seemed as though a city councilwoman wanted to ride the ride and I was asked to assist. Thanks to the generosity of V-Twin City in Santa Ana I mounted a new Indian Roadmaster and made the ride in style with a passenger. The best news is that my son rode his newly restored '48 Chief right next to me the entire ride without a problem.

THANKS to all that assisted with the ride including Tom Lovejoy who showed at the finish for the display. The event netted a whopping $80,000 dollars for programs at the club! The SoCal AMCA is proud to sponsor this great event that gets the money direct into the kids programs.

**From all the photos I could have choosen from the ww.socalamca.org web site of this great ride. I choose this one. I think it's a pretty rare sight to see.
    Attached Files
Working...
X