My “new” 1946

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My “new” 1946

Picked it up in North Carolina this week. I’ve always had 47’s always wanted a 46.
    Attached Files
    Pete Cole AMCA #14441
    1947 Indian Chief

Beautiful. Looks like it’s got good company to hang with in the shop.
    AMCA # 3233

Comment

That is a BEAUTY!

Comment

Super nice Pete !
        Member # 8964

Comment

Originally posted by Green Indian View Post
          Beautiful. Looks like it’s got good company to hang with in the shop.
          That is my ‘47 and the OMG ‘pretendian is the second one Polaris built in 2012 it is serial number 00000002. My grandson will be bring it to shows in 20 or so years. Thank you for all your kind comments.
          Pete
          Pete Cole AMCA #14441
          1947 Indian Chief

Comment

You did good, Pete. It's the details that make the '46 such a nice Chief. I like the Corbin speedo & gauge, front fender light, and the Indian head tank badges, and that front bumper is wild. Have fun with your '46 Chief.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

On the way home I took a wrong tun exiting the Mass Turnpike and wound up in Springfield trying to get to Vermont.It dawned on me it might have been the first time it had been in Springfield in 78 years. Ive been on that road many a time and never take the wrong turn, maybe he wanted to be home.
              Pete Cole AMCA #14441
              1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Nicely kept, too! A few customizations but nothing wild, great find Pete!
                Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Pretty '46. Too bad about the H-D "Deluxe" emblems on it!
                  Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Gone Robbie I saw that graffiti too! Snap on makes some nice nylon emblem removal tools I literally pulled it off the trailer and snapped the photos. I agree on the pretty part ! Some straps missing on one of the saddle bag, née to pull tanks off and get rid of some varnishing. Other than that I think it’s in good shape​​​​​.
                    Pete Cole AMCA #14441
                    1947 Indian Chief

Comment

If you want to make it all 46' be sure and fix the 1946 only items, like the front brake arm for one thing. Nice bike to have in the teepee.
                      #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Congratulations on the 46 Pete! Look'in good! Never saw a front guard like that one. Have you had it running yet or does it need a little going over?
                        Jason Zerbini
                        Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
                        Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

I have to pull a tank off to do some varnish removal. Like the old saying goes "it ran when I parked it" there are always little things. I knew the gentleman I got it from very well. He usually takes care of his stuff so I do not anticipate many issue. He's been laid up the past few years and didn't get a chance to drain the gas out before he got sick. Plenty of compression, believe it or not no leaks. I may not be able to get to it until fall as the boss lady has me on many projects she believes are more important! I have never in all my years of being around Indians seen a front guard such as that although I'm certain they were commonplace. I'm very happy I get to be the caretaker of this piece of history. My 10 year old granddaughter is visiting for the summer and is very interested in the bike. Thanks for your interest.
                          Pete Cole AMCA #14441
                          1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Working...
                          X