• Those I rode with

Aircleaner Image (2).JPGTim Kilroy on his Sportster 2.JPG Tim

Danny Hill Houston (2).JPG Danny Scott 2.JPG Scott

Originally posted by kitabel View Post
    I got Mel indicted, Kitabel!

But never got my motorcases back.

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

A new thread, eh ?

Are "those I rode with", riders who are still with us ? Any particular reason these guys (or the reason for the new thread), why they aren't sent to the "vintage pic of the day" ? just asking for some clarity...

geesh, I'm sure this file could fill up pretty rapidly. what do you think ?, PaulCDF. I could see this thread expanding like a wildfire (and thats a good thing).(even here out west) no pun intended

should the postings be 35yr old or more, too ?
      should the postings be memorials of fellow riders (an extremely nice gesture) ?
      if a memorial, should names be included (with/without permission) ?

I think this thread is pretty cool. But before it becomes overwhelmingly large, it seems to me that before others start filling the thread, we might want to consider if ..."those I rode with" might ruffle feathers unintentionally. I'm also confident there is no harm or malice intended here. Am I butting in ? what say you ?... (Paul... Mike ?)

Roger Herbison ; aka C2K

Comment

Chief2K!!!!!

Thanks for asking. Where I live its hovering around or below zero (too cold to spend much time turning wrenches for me).
        I was going through my old photo albums from when I was young(er) and saved these.
        Some are passed, some I have lost touch with. But when we were together riding. "The Best of Times".
        Old Photos specified "Pre-1930" and these are not that but "Your Photos" seemed a better fit.
        Old ABATE rallies and Runs from the 1970s. But the photo quality of some is just too poor to post (probably the nut behind the shutter).
        I meant no offense.
        Most recent photo above would date from 1980 so ~ 40 years old.
        Last edited by PaulCDF; 01-28-2022, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulCDF View Post
          Chief2K!!!!!

Thanks for asking. Where I live its hovering around or below zero (too cold to spend much time turning wrenches for me).
          I was going through my old photo albums from when I was young(er) and saved these.
          Some are passed, some I have lost touch with. But when we were together riding. "The Best of Times".
          Old Photos specified "Pre-1930" and these are not that but "Your Photos" seemed a better fit.
          Old ABATE rallies and Runs from the 1970s. But the photo quality of some is just too poor to post (probably the nut behind the shutter).
          I meant no offense.
          Most recent photo above would date from 1980 so ~ 40 years old.
          They don't bother me where they are. I like them.
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

From Ohio in the 70's and early 80's.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Here's one of me on the left, with my first Chief ('46 Chief), and Roy Cogg's and his '47 Knucklehead (he found the bike still in the crate back in '68, in Ojai, CA. from the legendary local HD dealer. I was given my Chief as a gift from my father-in-law in '70.) We were still "just a couple of 'pup's" back then. photo taken at Visalia, the 2nd ever M/C swapmeet, now referred to as the swap/show in Hanford, CA. circa 1972. Sorry about the quality, I really need to get most of my photos digitized... Visalia M:C swap meet.jpg

Comment

The former Kemper's HD location. The guy second from the left, Frank Holstein was the owner and they were in the process of moving to a new location. Sometime around 1981 Harley-Davidson of Omaha 1.jpgHarley-Davidson of Omaha 1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X