Maggie Valley road run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maggie Valley road run

Any pictures yet from the Maggie Valley road run, it was great after the rain stopped. I didn't take my camera as I thought there would be plenty with them, looking foward to seeing some pictures, thanks, Larry

I would like to see photos of this road run too. I had planned on going, but it wasn't meant to be for me this year...
    Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

I just posted an article about the Road Run at Classic American Iron: Link

Also have additional pictures on my blog: Link
      1964 FLH
      1972 R75/5
      1996 XL1200C
      2001 R1200C
      2007 FXSTB
      Blog: Riding Vintage
      Check out Riding Vintage on Facebook

Comment

Jim, thanks for the pictures, was a pleasure meeting and talking with you, Larry May 36 Knuck

Comment

Larry,

It was good to see you again at the road run. I am pretty sure I got at least one picture of your bike posted on my blog. It is one nice looking knucklehead.
          1964 FLH
          1972 R75/5
          1996 XL1200C
          2001 R1200C
          2007 FXSTB

Comment

Nice write up on your Blog, Panhead Jim! Any pics of the actual "Ride" itself?
            Last edited by Jim; 10-11-2012, 02:33 PM. Reason: added text
            Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

There are some pics of the run itself at www.caimag.com. Did you see those?
              1964 FLH
              1972 R75/5
              1996 XL1200C
              2001 R1200C
              2007 FXSTB

Comment

Yes, I did see those, but what I meant was.... pictures of the "ride" on the NC roads so to speak. Or, scenic pictures of the Dragons Tail. Yeah, I guess what I am asking is a bit off, because YOU would be riding, not standing along the road taking pictures of others "riding" by you. HAHA!! I suppose it will be covered in the magazine at some point! Thanks for your pics that you did take!

Jim
                Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Howdy chaps,

Panhead Jim - see you got my two old trusty steeds at your blog....well, little exaggeration on one. Only had about 3/4's of a mile at the time on that just-purchased cruiser green Knuckle in front of the orange Sporty, but it's go more on it now. Haven't loaded any pics yet to my petergz.smugmug.com acct but will. This was a positively splendid event with great people.

You can view various pix of the AMCA'rs negotiating the dragon by reviewing the following:

Killboy Pictures Cruisers Full Dressers 2-4pm, pg 7
                  Extreme Cruisers with Passengers, pg 31
                  photoreflect Cruz, Touring 2 (up) 10-03-12, pg 24 is our crew.

If you don't see yours in the above, toggle between cruisers and then cruisers 2 up. photoreflect, aka, moonshine really got many good action shots from a nice vantage point.
                  Last edited by PRG; 10-29-2012, 05:21 PM.
                  Cheerio,
                  Peter
                  1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

Looks like I was slow to the table on this one! Great photos Jim!!!

So Peter.... you did get that Knuckle you were lusting for did ya? Nice bike!!!
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

Howdy Cory,

yessir, and a long time coming! It's known around the household here as MrKu-Nuckle and here's the saga.

It bears an uncanny resemblance to the example posted in my wanted ad here a while back, that fueled by sight of Toney Watson's 46 at Bike Week in 91 or so. Instead of of a 46, though, I focused on a 41: first year 74, improved clutch, larger rear brake, saturn rings on the fuel tanks and more trim before austerity of the war and the richness in general of the pre-war HD factory/scene up to that point as outlined by Herbert Wagner and others.
                      Cheerio,
                      Peter

Comment

I just finished reading the "saga". Great stuff!!! That's a real gem that you have there. Congrats!!
                        Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

Howdy Cory,

Thank you sir. After downloading the factory service manual from caimag, set to in the shop and it now runs like the proverbial top. Can't stay off it, another big ride tomorrow.

In the meantime, here's about 160 odd photos from the Road Run. Between riding something that did not encourage the usual casual canter through the countryside with numerous stops for photo ops (an over-geared Vin) and being pre-occupied with my new purchase, apologies for few on-the-road shots and far too many Knuckle/Pan pix... though there seemed to be an awful lot of blue HD's in attendance.

The few shots of the route are indicative of how spectacular the scenery was and as usual, great crew of AMCA folks to ride/hangout with and well organized. I'd say this could be an annual event every summer, there's no end to excellent roads with minimal traffic and you cannot top The Wheels Through Time museum for a home base. Dale and Matt's hospitality is unmatched and his place and format perfectly in sync with the riding side of the AMCA club activities.
                          Cheerio,
                          Peter

Comment

Great photos and commentary Peter! Thanks for the link! Maggie Valley indeed looks like a prime spot to do some "old time" biking!
                            Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                            X