Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pewter Run 2012 -- Gets better every year!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are some really nice pictures, but I have to ask... just what is a "Pewter Run"?
    Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
      They are some really nice pictures, but I have to ask... just what is a "Pewter Run"?
      Here you go Jim! http://www.pewterrun.com/Rules.html
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

www.pewterrun.org

It's a road run for pre-1950 bikes. Though a few later 'interesting' bikes can participate by application. It's about a 50 mile run. Time distance. So you are trying to modulate your speed for a perfect time.

Held in NH during foliage season.

Got it's name because the founder (who is a vintage bike lover and rider) has a pewter casting operation/foundry. All the trophies and medals are hand-cast pewter made in his shop. They are absolutely lovely. I've won a lot of trophies at bike shows over the years. The only ones I display are my Pewter Run trophies! A. because they are beautiful. B. because they represent riding skill, not just leaving my bike in a parking lot and waiting for votes.

If you check earlier in the thread, you will find links to the event etc. If you are in the Northeast, it is a fantastic event. About 6 - 8 years old now.... and growing leaps and bounds.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Thanks guys! It sure does sound like a lot of FUN! Looks like a GREAT area to have a run at that time of year too.
          Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Working...
          X