speedi sleeve for 45 sprocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedi sleeve for 45 sprocket

I know it has been talked about before but can't find it. Has anyone come up with a sleeve seal system for the 45 sprocket oil leaks? What size? Part no.? Or any info that can be shared will be nice. Any other way to stop the leak? I think Rubone says just keep adding oil but hoping to find a cure for keeping oil off the pipes. How much could the stock seal be shimmed out to change the lip grove? I know there are a lot of 45 guys out there so help please. Can't do machining is why I ask.

Would it be ok to leave out the retainer? Thinking about a shim to get more contact area. Anyone ever try that?

Comment

You can't leave out the retainer, the seal will just spin in the sprocket. If you install a NOS seal and the wear groove in the side cover race is not pitted, you shouldn't have any leaks there.
      You do realize that you may have oil coming out of the end of the main shaft in the center of the sprocket. To stop this you will need to replace the seals inside the clutch gear.

Comment

Thanks, RC. I did find out about the retainer after I got it apart. The clutch throw out rod seals in the clutch gear are good. I am thinking I will shim the seal out a bit to get a little deeper on the running surface. Any more help is appreciated as always. Keep it coming.

Comment

Working...
        X