Sidecar fender / step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidecar fender / step

1964 sidecar with a damaged step support arm. It’s the member between the step and the frame. Currently I have a repop fender on it so I was able to rotate and twist the fender to allow it to bolt up to the aluminum step. Lucky me, I found an OEM fender. Since the support arm is damaged I don’t want to use it to improperly install the fender. I want to install the fender and then tweak the arm back to its correct position in relation to the fender. On the OEM ,after installing the correct fender hardware I am able to rotate the fender. If I use the vertical support strap riveted on the fender as my starting reference ,should that strap remain vertical or does it get rotated clockwise ,and how much? If held perfectly vertical I will have to move that support arm up an uncomfortable amount. Say 2”. Sorry but none of my internet reference photos look directly at the fender for guidance.
    thanks in advance for any help

Originally posted by steuerm View Post
    1964 sidecar with a damaged step support arm. It’s the member between the step and the frame. Currently I have a repop fender on it so I was able to rotate and twist the fender to allow it to bolt up to the aluminum step. Lucky me, I found an OEM fender. Since the support arm is damaged I don’t want to use it to improperly install the fender. I want to install the fender and then tweak the arm back to its correct position in relation to the fender. On the OEM ,after installing the correct fender hardware I am able to rotate the fender. If I use the vertical support strap riveted on the fender as my starting reference ,should that strap remain vertical or does it get rotated clockwise ,and how much? If held perfectly vertical I will have to move that support arm up an uncomfortable amount. Say 2”. Sorry but none of my internet reference photos look directly at the fender for guidance.
    thanks in advance for any help
    On a factory sidecar it is perfectly vertical. Sorry, but that is where it belongs.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Much appreciated. Just the not the answer I was hoping to get.

Comment

Working...
      X