Gland nut wrench template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gland nut wrench template

Would anyone have a factory sidecar gland nut wrench template they could send me?
    I need to know how thick the material is also Thanks, Paddy

Is this a gland wrench? I bought these from Bud Pater HD Dealer in Racine WI in the 50's? 60's and 70's. He just passed at 106 years of age, I also got his ice racing side hack, both back in the late 70's.
    Curly sidecar wrench 1.jpgsidecar wrench 2.jpgsidecar wrench 3.jpgsidecar wrench 4.jpgsidecar wrench 5.jpg
    Attached Files

Comment

I put a lot of side hacks on since then and lent them to lots of buddies also. Raced on Eagle Lake with Flying Disc Motorcycle Club back in the day! Still have a few side hacks newest is a 1987 that was a factory test rig. Serial number *******000003

Comment

What a great story!! Thank you for sharing!!
        yes that is it. Any chance that you could trace that on some paper so i could make a couple?

Comment

Yup! They look to be cast, and then milled to the dimension. I'll trace it onto some light cardboard.

Kurly

Comment

Great Thanks!! PM sent

Comment

There is a guy (dont know his name) that sales these and many other sizes (manifold, etc) laser cut for around $10-$15 each at many of the AMCA swap meets . I bought one at the Denton NC meet last year for my sidecar.

Comment

What is a gland nut?

Comment

Originally posted by bikerdds View Post
                  What is a gland nut?
                  Manifold nuts are called that too, Marty!

So it seems to be where a nut is recessed to accomodate a ball or cone.

(You would think gland nuts would always come in pairs... .. . )

....Cotten
                  AMCA #776
                  Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
                  X