Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe fxs fxr View Post

Yes, that's how I understand it.
    Thank you for your explanation. I'll tell him.

Comment

CLE, RLE and TLE are not different trim levels, they designate what motorcycles they will fit. It is the same chassis in essence for all models, with minor changes to the mounting attachment points and brake connections. The wheel, fender, brake, body etc. are for the most part the same. There were a couple different Ultra models which is nothing more than a different seat, windshield and fluff inside the tub. The Ultra models were only in the later TLE models and were designed to match the Ultra Classic trim model on the bike. From my rusty memory, here is what I remember:

CLE fits mid 70's (?) through 84 FLH models, so 4 speed shovel head rigid mounted engine models
      RLE fits 1982 (?) through 1996 or so FXR models, so rubber mounted FXR models, first introduced in 1985
      TLE fits 1980 and up FLT, FLHT etc, so 5 speed rubber mounted FL models. These stopped about 2010 or so when HD stopped making sidecars.

Gene

Comment

Originally posted by gharper View Post
        CLE, RLE and TLE are not different trim levels, they designate what motorcycles they will fit. It is the same chassis in essence for all models, with minor changes to the mounting attachment points and brake connections. The wheel, fender, brake, body etc. are for the most part the same. There were a couple different Ultra models which is nothing more than a different seat, windshield and fluff inside the tub. The Ultra models were only in the later TLE models and were designed to match the Ultra Classic trim model on the bike. From my rusty memory, here is what I remember:

CLE fits mid 70's (?) through 84 FLH models, so 4 speed shovel head rigid mounted engine models
        RLE fits 1982 (?) through 1996 or so FXR models, so rubber mounted FXR models, first introduced in 1985
        TLE fits 1980 and up FLT, FLHT etc, so 5 speed rubber mounted FL models. These stopped about 2010 or so when HD stopped making sidecars.

Gene
        Very good answer, thank you very much, let me learn a lot.

Comment

Working...
        X