Sidecar rig harley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidecar rig harley

Were sidecar rigs available from the factory with 4 speed transmission, footshift or tankshift?

For what era??
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Sorry, the era would be the 60's. If so, then a 65 could have 4 speed footshift and 5 gallon tanks?

Comment

Originally posted by jorrow View Post
        Sorry, the era would be the 60's. If so, then a 65 could have 4 speed footshift and 5 gallon tanks?
        My police 65s are tankshift/footclutch machines with 3.5 tanks, Jorrow!

65 Louisiana_State_Police_-5.jpg

By '66, a different shifter was devised for the Turnpike tanks and ratchet transmission covers,

66pd.jpg

....Cotten
        Last edited by T. Cotten; 06-09-2021, 09:53 AM.
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Yes Tom, I know that existed, but, could you order it with 4 speed footshift?

Comment

I'll go out on a limb without an order sheet, Jorrow...

What would stop you?

....Cotten
            AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

There is nothing in the order info/price lists that specifies it as coming one way. Basically you could order what you wanted. The only gearing recommendations are for Police inner city traffic use recommending lower ratios for bikes both solo and sidecar, however no such suggestions are listed for Civilian units. All that it says under sidecar is to be sure and order the mounting set, and of course the adjustable fork is in the options section of the bike itself. Here is an example of some of that printed info. I do not have a '65 book but do have '66. This is a '68 example. 1968 factory price list.jpg1968 Big twins 2.jpg
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks, that helped a bunch!

Comment

Working...
                X