No announcement yet.

53 Servi-Car Tow Bar connection information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately old dude and 45 restoration do not have this item. Honestly I'm not even sure what a spring washer is, a wave washer comes to mind or a split washer also comes to mind but I believe a spring washer is actually completely different perhaps it's the bevel type washer, I am not sure. Any suggestions?
    Bob Beatty
    AMCA 19209

Comment

DSC06744.JPGDSC06745.JPGDSC06746.JPG
      Originally posted by NiteOwl View Post
      Thanks Jerry
      Do I have the top-hat piece oriented correctly? ie with the brim closer to the fork?

Also, I am guessing the (steel) bushing piece fits into the end of the tow bar? Ive never seen a tow bar up close or been able to truly find a good photo of one, especially one that details the connection to the bike. . . its got to be out there though.
      I have this one for one of my projects. If this is what you are in need of, at least until you can find one, I would be happy to take any measurements or pictures you may need to help in your search.
      DSC06743.JPG
      Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Thankyou so much!! That's really nice. I know they are out there. I was at wauseon a few years ago but I rode there from Seattle on a panhead and somebody had the tow bar for sale and I've kicked myself ever since for not buying it I just should have shipped it I was thinking in my head "oh I can't carry this on the bike". But in reality I could have. Haha.

Again thanks, I will look and see if clarity is needed with further pics.

Bob
        Bob Beatty
        AMCA 19209

Comment

17858b.jpg
          Be sure to visit;
          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
          X