Material for side car interior components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material for side car interior components

Anyone have a source for the material used to cover the seat/back cushion, side panels and windshield?

And a better close up of the material

Last edited by panz4ever; 03-09-2021, 02:17 PM.

Did you find anything, Dave? My suggestion would be to source a vintage car upholsterer because that looks similar to the material used in some cars. I replaced the interior of my sidecar with a complete kit from L&W years ago but the texture of the material didn't match the original stuff I had. L&W made great products, and did beautiful work so I hope I don't sound snarky. I was delighted with what I got from them.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

panz are you on the HDForum? There's a guy from Canada who is has shared some good info on sidecar restoration with another panhead guy.
      AMCA #41287
      1971 Sprint SS350 project
      1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
      1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
      1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
      96" Evo Softail self built chopper
      2012 103" Road King "per diem"
      plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

Originally posted by joe fxs fxr View Post
        panz are you on the HDForum? There's a guy from Canada who is has shared some good info on sidecar restoration with another panhead guy.
        Yes. I use the same name there as here. I am the panhead guy restoring the 65 FLH w/ the sidecar. The above pics are from hellownewman (out of Canada & the person you are referencing)

Comment

As Eric suggested above I used the local car upholstery guy and he did a really nice job of it on mine. The tedious part was going through the old springs and tightening and repairing some of the connecting links. There were also a couple of broken springs to replace.

Comment

Going next week to see a local who does really nice auto upholstery work. Taking some winter windshield material with me so that he can see what I am looking for. Hopefully I get lucky

Comment

Working...
            X