No announcement yet.

Sidecar dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ Bud the bulldog, who rode across America with Dr. Horatio Nelson Jackson in 1903... Yup, those are goggles.

When riding in Germany a couple of years ago, I met a guy who had a cat riding on his bike with him. Had a little 'crate' for the cat for while actually riding. I was actually pretty shocked! But at the rest stop where I met him, the cat was quite happily sitting on the bike seat, free of its crate, utterly un-perturbed and happy to meet a stranger.

Try that with our cats... never in a million years!

And as I grew up riding in the back of a pickup truck... and lived through the experience... I don't have a whole lot of concern for a loving owner taking their pet (safely) for a ride if the pet enjoys it! Then again, I think kids today need more time spent riding in the back of pickup trucks and less time getting free trophies and having their helicopter parents monitor their sleep patterns.

Oh well, just shows that I'm stuck in the past... and proud of it.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

My friend had a leather tank cover and his dog would jump up on the tank and ride with him whenever he could. He got threatened with a cruelty to animals charge at bike week in the 90s.
        D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Poor little guy... probably kept up for the first mile or so...

Rubone: Love that picture. Those wheel disks are super cool. Riding across country in that era would have been an amazing experience...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Working...
          X