Sears???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sears???

A fella I know found this leaning against a fence, under a tarp on an old farm. The look on his face when he told me about it was priceless. He's been bit by the bug!!! Anyway, we got Sears out of it but I thought I'd post a photo to see if there were any other theories. It definitely has seen it's better days but he's excited to resurrect it. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Weren't Sears of those years made by Yale?
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

It's been my understanding that Thor built the first ones, then Excelsior took a crack at it. That is the Excelsior Cycle Company, not to confused with the outfit owned by Schwinn. They were the ones who used the Spacke powerplant.
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

I believe you're spot on Cory. It's a circa '13-'14 Sears.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

I was going to add, that the lower frame tube has 3 holes, so you could run either a single or a twin. The center hole looks bigger than the two outer holes which makes me think it was a single; and a loose single at that.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Looks like somebody had a good need for tube stock metal - at least juding from the missing frontend strut part and the frame hardtail.

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
              I believe you're spot on Cory. It's a circa '13-'14 Sears.
              Eric, I suspected but was looking for confirmation. It looks like you provided it. Thanks!!!

Originally posted by exeric View Post
              I was going to add, that the lower frame tube has 3 holes, so you could run either a single or a twin. The center hole looks bigger than the two outer holes which makes me think it was a single; and a loose single at that.
              That was going to be my next question. Thanks again!

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
              Looks like somebody had a good need for tube stock metal - at least juding from the missing frontend strut part and the frame hardtail.

Jerry
              I think you're on to something Jerry! I hope those missing pieces went to good use!!!
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

matt olsen makes all the parts needed to bring this sears back. except the engine. he may even have most of the parts in stock. or you could just sell it to me ,and i'll buy all the rest of the parts. looks like a fun build.
                www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Thanks Lonnie!! I'll pass the info along. The fella that has this relic is pretty stoked about doing something with it but I'll mention that you're interested.
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                  X