1915 Yale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1915 Yale

As a perpetual glutton for abuse, I bought a big chunk of a 1915 Yale V twin engine. Anybody have any info, or sources of info on this bike? I will be looking for a chassis and small bits too. I'll post a picture when it gets here. Cheers, GG

I, for one, would love to see photos.

Comment

The engine (or at least most of it) arrived today. So pleased with the condition on initial inspection. I will post pictures soon. I would still love to source parts and info if it is out there.
      Cheers, G

Comment

I'd love to see pics as well!!! You may want to check with these folks for starters... http://www.antiquemotorcycleworks.com/index.htm
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Waiting for pictures to admire...
          Michael Voice
          Membership Number 10556

Comment

For the time being...

Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
              For the time being...

Funny, I travel the 401, QEW, 407 everyday in and out of T.O., but I haven't seen ANY of these on the roads.......summer or winter!
              Regards;
              Milrite
              AMCA 17907

Comment

Originally posted by Milrite View Post
                Funny, I travel the 401, QEW, 407 everyday in and out of T.O., but I haven't seen ANY of these on the roads.......summer or winter!
                With all the traffic you see in a day, I'm betting they would be hard to spot....
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Just want to encourage you to post lots of photos.

Comment

Sorry about the delay in posting these pics. This is what I was told was a 1915 Yale engine. I have not seen one like it and do have some doubt as to the actual manufacturer. Mostly due to the shape of the cylinders. Take a look and let me know. Cheers, G
                    Attached Files

Comment

More pics. Let me know if a different view would be helpful. Cheers, G
                      Attached Files

Comment

emblem small twin ,1916 or 17? most likely exported ,as were most of the emblems in the later years . neat little motors.
                        www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Recently spent some time going through my Clymer Motor Scrapbook, prompted by a thread I can't find any more. Didn't find the accessory in question, but found some really neat motorcycle ads and pictures from the very early days. Here is one of them, for Emblem.

emblem 1912.jpg

If anyone is interested, I'll post some more of the ads/pictures, etc.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

That certainly looks like a positive ID in my book. Now the question is who has the rest of the bits, or maybe, who needs these? I would love to see the other adds and pics.
                            Thanks again, G

Comment

I have a bunch of 'accessories' ads (along with some interesting/strange bikes) scanned and will upload them shortly into Parking Lot Chatter.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Working...
                              X