1914 HD belt drive single

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1914 HD belt drive single

After the Cannonball Run Kyle Oanes and I rode our Knucklehead sidecar sweep bikes to Modesto to meet up with Lonnie Isam (Jurassic) so we could trailer our rigs to Sturgis. On the back wall of the Art Mitchell dealership was this bike that hide in a haystack for decades because the original owners wife wanted it gone.

Lonnie did not have his camera and asked me to take and post pictures of it. It is the only one he has ever seen although he knows they were built.

Jerry

Thanks for posting the pics Jerry!!! You just never know what your going to stumble across now do you? Very cool!!!

Here's a page out of the '14 catalog...........

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

I was kind of hoping to get a few comments with this post. Especially the 'F' in the serial number - has anyone ever seen that before?

Jerry

Comment

The bike's condition is mind-boggling! Is that original paint???
        Lonnie Campbell #9908
        South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
          I was kind of hoping to get a few comments with this post. Especially the 'F' in the serial number - has anyone ever seen that before? Jerry
          http://www.techsweb.us/hdvin1019.html
          ...bill in corvallis
          Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

thanks for posting those pics jerry. that is one special old harley. from the vin list bill posted it looks like CF is the letter designation for single belt drive in 1914. 316 were made. this is one of the most complete and correct early harleys i have seen in a long time. the very last of the belt drives?
            www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lonnie View Post
              The bike's condition is mind-boggling! Is that original paint???
              No. Wrong striping colors for one, should have the striping on the frame, and the hubs and spokes weren't painted in 1914. Cool bike though, and very, very rare. I had a 14 belt-drive motor a couple of years ago... wish I hadn't sold it, but hopefully the guy made a bike of it.

Comment

Working...
              X