1909 Curtiss twin coming up for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
    No problem Eric, I'm glad Ross mentioned it. I could talk about America's pre-20's machines all day long. It's only recently that I've realized that I have to pay some attention to the 40's machines if I want to ride down the highway! Hence some of the simpleton questions I've been asking lately...
    I have been in the same boat with my 1948FL questions Cory. My heart is in real antique motorcycles but I love to ride the later model bikes because they are usable in modern traffic. My daily rider is a 1940 Chief while the '48FL is getting put together and my '51FL is laying all over the place. That Curtiss is the kind of bike I dream of but lurking in the shadows of my pile of junk is a 1911 Flying Merkel that I hope to ride around the neighborhood some day.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

A Merkel you say? Very cool........you'll be able to time travel with that wonderful machine for sure! I think having a few projects ahead of oneself is a good thing. It keeps the hands busy and the mind occupied
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

a little story on the auction......... http://thevintagent.blogspot.com/200...9-curtiss.html
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
        X