X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

north side store

Originally posted by HarleyCreation View Post
    Ken,

That's gotta be the same building I visited, which would have been around 1990-'91 or so...

You mean I was that close to Knuth's South Side store and didn't even know it? Funny, that's one thing I never did: Look for either of Knuth's shops. Just never did. Maybe next time I'm down that way I'll try to do that. Is the North Side store building still there?
    Herb,
    Was that the store that Bill Knuth had sold to Jean Davidson and her husband?, I seam to recall that was on Fon Du Lac Ave all glass front,I was there with my Dad in late 50's or early 60"s.
    Ken S., # 6457
    1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
    1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

Originally posted by milw.pirates View Post
      Herb,
      Was that the store that Bill Knuth had sold to Jean Davidson and her husband?, I seam to recall that was on Fon Du Lac Ave all glass front,I was there with my Dad in late 50's or early 60"s.
      Hmmm....that's a really good question and at one time I knew for sure. I think it was. She told me that they got some Knuth stuff with the dealership. But it also seems that the North Side store was in a different location earlier, back in the 1930s. I haven't thought about this Knuth stuff for ages.

Let's see what my Knuth card says:

Opened FDL Ave. store in 1924.
      Opened South Side store in 1927.

1925 Knuth Dealership address: 2536 Fond du Lac Ave.

How does that address compare the later Jean Davidson dealership location on FDL? It would surprising if Knuth didn't move in all those years. But obviously he started out on FDL Ave.

I remember going into that FDL H-D dealership in the early 1970s. Not sure who ran it then. More often went down the street to Ralph Heger's West Side Cycle.
      Herbert Wagner
      AMCA 4634
      =======
      The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

duplicate post
        Last edited by HarleyCreation; 01-28-2009, 10:40 AM.
        Herbert Wagner
        AMCA 4634
        =======

Comment

duplicate post

What's wrong with this thing?
          Last edited by HarleyCreation; 01-28-2009, 10:40 AM.
          Herbert Wagner
          AMCA 4634
          =======

Comment

duplicate post
            Last edited by HarleyCreation; 01-28-2009, 10:43 AM.
            Herbert Wagner
            AMCA 4634
            =======

Comment

I forgot about the Pirate single. 1914 I believe?

Dick
              Attached Files

Comment

milw. dealers

Hmmm....that's a really good question and at one time I knew for sure. I think it was. She told me that they got some Knuth stuff with the dealership. But it also seems that the North Side store was in a different location earlier, back in the 1930s. I haven't thought about this Knuth stuff for ages.

How does that address compare the later Jean Davidson dealership location on FDL? It would surprising if Knuth didn't move in all those years. But obviously he started out on FDL Ave.

I remember going into that FDL H-D dealership in the early 1970s. Not sure who ran it then. More often went down the street to Ralph Heger's West Side Cycle.
                Herb,
                what do you have on other ex-H-D employees,like Don<(Don & Roys),Ward,Southeast sales,was Vic, of Panetti yamaha in this group?
                Ken S., # 6457
                1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
                1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

milw. dealers

Herb,
                  what do you have on other ex-H-D employees,like Don, (Don & Roys) , Ward, Southeast sales,was Vic Panetti, of Panetti Yamaha in this group?
                  Ken S., # 6457
                  1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
                  1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

Here's a Pirate single. I forgot I had this in my files. Someone spent a lot of money on advertising for a motorcycle that was never produced. If that is the case.

Dick
                    Attached Files

Comment

At least two people posted on this page after my last post (Ken and Dick) but neither post is showing up on my browser.

What's happening here?
                      Herbert Wagner
                      AMCA 4634
                      =======

Comment

Pirate poster

In reference to the Pirate motorcycle, I only have one very nice poster that I made from original advertising. You can see it at my web site: www.motorcycle-memories.com. Look for poster No. 32. Jerry Hooker

Comment

Working...
                        X